which intell hd graphics video cards are compatible with sl?

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Dan,

Although Intel's integrated graphics are improving, they still lag dedicated graphics processors by a fair margin. Here's a searchable list of benchmarks for various GPUs. The numbers may not be directly indicative of performance in SL, but they're a starting point.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

While 5000 series (Iris) graphics adapters on Haswell processors will probably get you decent frame rates with basic graphics enabled, I think it will really bog down if you try advanced lighthing (if you're even able to enable it).

In general, I recommend against using a laptop or desktop that offers nothing better than an Intel integrated graphic chip.  Machines like that were designed for office applications or light game use.  They simply cannot handle the heavier graphics environment of SL at anything more than moderate quality.  Even then, you run the risk of overheating and destroying your machine.  Instead, get a moderately-priced laptop with a dedicated graphics card -- mine has an NVidia GeForce 650M -- that will give you much better performance