Roleplayer looking for a community to join~

CaffeineCoyote

I suppose I could start by saying I'm fairly new to Second Life. However I was lead here under the premise that there were many different roleplaying communities here. I have a firm understanding of general roleplay etiquette and I am willing to learn the more intricate rules unique to Second Life. I have been roleplaying through various mediums for a solid 8 years, in videogames, over email and chat programs, forums, and even in real life with Dungeons&Dragons. As far as a character goes, I am slowly piecing together an anthropomorphic Fennec fox to become an escaped slave turned wanderer, a mischievous thief or an up and coming mage exploring the world to learn more about the arcane arts. These are just ideas and I would actually really like to talk to someone to get input so I can fashion a more in-depth character as well as join a roleplaying community Rather than just face-checking everything, I thought I might cast my line out and see what kind of help I can fish up. So I hope to hear from someone and find that roleplaying sim just right for me that I can become a part of and hopefully make the experience just a bit more rich for everyone involved~

I don't normally post here, but I figure I'd try to point you in the right direction:

Gor (Gorean) is one of SL's most populous roleplaying communities, based on the series written by John Frederick Lange.  It can be difficult to break into, but rewarding.  It would not allow non-human characters beyond the odd wild animal or Kurii, which are basically aliens.  Website:  http://www.gor-sl.com/index.php

Realm of Estara is another spot I've roleplayed in briefly, and probably one of the more robust and well managed fantasy SIMs I've seen.  I believe they would allow your type of character there, but I don't remember the rules around animal-esque avatars.  Website:  http://www.realmofestara.com/

Toxian City I have not been to in a while, but it is based on a dark urban theme, and from what I recall, is a little less restrictive when it comes to avatars.  Wesbite:  http://www.toxiancity.com/

You can find all these SIMs simply by typing in their name on SL's search function.  The Gorean SIMs would be found listed in the websites forums if you wanted to delve deeper into that.

Good luck,

Not sure what type of Roleplay you are looking to do, but you could try City of Crystal lake. We have just done a complete Sim rebuild, so there is alot to see and do here.  If you would like more information on it, you may contact me at anytime, and I would be willing to take you and show you around the city and give any information that is needed

It's sadly difficult to find RP sims that allow furries these days, although some are more open for it if your avatar has a more realistic than cartoony look. Still my advice would be to first think of what sort of setting and theme you'd like to RP in, then find sims that fit, read up on their rules, their races and avatar restrictions, and then create a character based on their specific lore.

In any case, good luck and I hope you find something fun!

Thanks everyone~

I took a look into the Realm of Estara. That's a decent looking medieval themed sim but the information was a bit vague. I'll give it a check as soon as I manage to piece together an avatar. Toxian City seemed -very- interesting, but I would most certainly have to find someone to talk to so I can get a more in depth view of what I would be joining. Not to mention I would have to either scrap and redo, or create a second avatar for it. Not much of a problem, just a matter of L$

I will have to get in touch with you about City of Crystal Lake, see what's going on there~

I understand, would be difficult for immersion with cartoon-y avatars running around a realistic sim. I just find non-human characters much more interesting than human ones. It's probably just going to come down to 'I need to find people to talk to'

New Royalton Estates-Family Roleplay Neighborhood Community!

-Digital currency, bill pay system, and random event interactive homes! Pipes burst, windows break, toilets clog and more! Just pick up your in home phone and call for services!

-Get a car loan with our sim currency. Cars break down, need maintenance and more! Just come down to the auto shop for repair!

-Spacious homes and townhomes

-Daily events at our live theatre and all over the sim including murder mysteries, karaoke, plays, and more!

-Fully interactive and staffed hospital, L I F E Burrito Bell, restaurant, police station, community college, city hall, hair/nails salon, bowling/arcade, L I F E HUD enabled store, bank and more!

-24/7 tenant support

-FREE APARTMENTS for serious roleplayers!

We'd love for you to visit. Jobs available and roleplay for non-tenants as well:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mossmopolis/67/130/25

Check out landofnor.com - NoR in world. It's a post-apocalyptic urban roleplay/combat sim with ALL races -- I'm looking to build up my faction which is currently comprised of a demon leader, two humans, a fallen angel, a cait sidhe, dragon... chaotic evil to true neutral characters that view themselves as the elitists of the town and enjoy playing puppet with the lessers.... fun group that enjoy manipulation, lying, stealing, coniving, sex, and all sorts of other fun things... would love to talk to ya in world -- saullt resident