is there any body out there

wizzelone

is there any body out there?

i see people starting to talk in the group chats but it looks like no one sees me awnser them.

or am i just colectivly ignored by whole sl community.

or is it normal that people start saying some thing in open group chat and tan say nothing any more.

even when i start a group chat no one awnsers.

wizzelone wrote:

i see people starting to talk in the group chats but it looks like no one sees me awnser them.

or is it normal that people start saying some thing in open group chat and tan say nothing any more.

Oh..I'm sorry. Did you say something? I didn't see you come in....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Honestly, depending on where you are when you're trying to start an open chat, people may not see you. There can be a lot going on so don't take it personally.

wizzelone wrote:

Sometimes its very clicky. Keep talking making friends and all that.. you will get there.

but i`m talking a bout group chatts where i always could talk and get awnsers back.

ok some times a bit slow but still.

realy either the chat system is broke or some thing or i`m getting ignord by halve the sl groups.

i don`t know if i must laugh or cry if the last is true ....

wizzelone wrote:

but i`m talking a bout group chatts where i always could talk and get awnsers back.

realy either the chat system is broke or some thing or i`m getting ignord by halve the sl groups.

A lot of people keep group chat turned off.  When you are in 42 groups it can be impossible to manage.  I have all but two turned off myself.

Tex Monday wrote:

wizzelone wrote:

Oh..I'm sorry. Did you say something? I didn't see you come in....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Honestly, depending on where you are when you're trying to start an open chat, people may not see you. There can be a lot going on so don't take it personally.

That's true - two friends and I began a text conference chat a few nights ago and, although regular IMs to each other individually were fine, our communication in the conference chat was lagged, posts appeared out of order, and eventually all of us getting error messages that our chat was not getting through that we just gave up on that.  Chat in larger established groups is very unpredictable as well - I've had times when it worked great and other times when none of my chat showed up and/or was badly scrambled.

Perrie Juran wrote:

wizzelone wrote:

A lot of people keep group chat turned off.  When you are in 42 groups it can be impossible to manage.  I have all but two turned off myself.

Good point.  I tend to keep the majority of my group chats turned off as well - especially when building.

I'd started with the idea of throwing in some 'advice for new residents' stuff because your OP looked like it might be from a newbie. Then I checked on something and realized you're not new at all—you've been here for more than two years—you were just asking if there was something suddenly wrong with group chat.

If there is a group chat problem, I haven't seen it. I'm in one group that is almost constantly active (Firestorm viewer support) and it's been popping up as always within seconds of my logging in. I don't comment in group chats much so I have no data on whether there's a sudden lag issue with that, but if there is nobody in a group chat I've seen recently has mentioned it.