Is this mistake fixable? D:

iCade

I couldn't find good guides for Poser so I moved on to Daz after finding medhue's amazing youtube tutorial. I went and created my first animations...and made the silly mistake of having it at 30 FPS, so it basically zooms through the motions really fast.

Is there a way I can decrease the FPS without having to redo the entire animation process for it? x3

Hi iCade!

Daz is great but there are some glaring problems that aren't obvious to fix. I actually use Blender with the Avastar addon now. It really is a dream come true to any animator. I still use Daz to create animations for Daz characters, and I still think it is better than Poser. I just hate Poser's camera controls.

So, how can you retime the animation in Daz? I found a script by mcasual that will retime Daz animations. It is pretty nice, but still quite confusing.

Here is the link to the script you need to use.

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjretimeanimation

• Like 1

That script sounds amazing! I did download it, but unsure where to extract it to. On the site it says it should go into the daz contents folder, however I do not have such a folder? I do have a script subfolder but cannot seem to extract the script there as it gives me a permission error x3

You can also just edit the bvh file in a text editor. There's two parts in the bvh file, first the skeleton hierarchy, then the motion. Search for "MOTION" and right under it you'll see the number of frames (you don't want to edit this one) and the framerate. You can simply adjust the number. At 30 fps it will say 0.0333333 (1/30), so if you want 12 fps, change that to 0.08333333.

Btw, your Poser experience didn't last long:)

Two of the most valuable tools aren't included in the free DAZ: the animation palette and the graph (not sure what they are called in DAZ). Last time I looked they're available for DAZ at $20 each. I couldn't make an animation without those two.

• Like 1

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

Two of the most valuable tools aren't included in the free DAZ: the animation palette and the graph (not sure what they are called in DAZ). Last time I looked they're available for DAZ at $20 each. I couldn't make an animation without those two.

They are called KeyMate, and GraphMate. I have a video for those too. lol

I'd love to use Poser to make animations, but spending two days googling I haven't found many useful tutorials for it to make animations, most were quie confusing to me and the model avatar did crazy things in between poses, something that hasn't happened in daz so far.

The only good tutorial I found for poser is this: http://daiz-papp.blogspot.de/ however the explanations are so short, half the time I have no idea what they even mean x3

I posted in the inworld employement section looking for a mentor, and I posted in client in the BB chat at several times throughout the two days asking for a mentor (paid of course!) but haven't received a response.

At that point in time it just seemed easier to adopt DaZ considering there's a lot of tutorials for it as opposed to POSER, but as I've read, without the add ons it'd be very hard to make animations for it.

So right now I am on the fence. I have a programm that's supposedly good, yet there's next to no guides for it (unless my google-fu is severely lacking in locating them) and a programm I'd have to spend an extra $40 on. >.<