Issues with neighbors

CandiZazzles

We are on a full private region. One half is rented by us and the other is rented by a club. Every single day the club next door packs in people to the maximum limit as to where if we leave, we can't get back to our own parcel or our own customers cant tp in to get to our business. Is there anything I can do about this, does the TOS have any kind of rules that I can work with to fix this issue and hopefully get rid of the neighbors or restrict them to a limit of people they are allowed to have?

... hm, it's a two-sided sword isn't it? A club in the 'hood can bring in a lot of traffic, which is good for your business as well. Instead of conflict and crisis think chance and synergy here. Don't fight your neighbors, instead sit down with them and try to find a solution that is of mutual benefit. You each could place LM givers and TP stations on the other parcel or ask them to have a couple of your vendors. There are many shopping locations in SL which use a club as main attraction to lure traffic in.

Kudo for the way you think Orca Flotta ;)

But I would still suggest moving to a region where covenant says no clubs, breeadables and other kinds of disturbing factors. If neighbours don't allow you that basic freedom to tp to your own place when you want then there is no point in speaking about some business partnership. Specially if you already have your own visitors/customers. Just move, I did it 6 times now lol

of course even if the club were to try to limit their visitor numbers, that doesn't mean they can do so, or that doing so will mean you can always enter your parcel ( but wow, a club that every night gets so many visitors that a full region is shown as full is extremely successful, that's 100 visitors regularly for extended periods, most clubs would be happy with 20% of that).

Even if they only see 80, the region might still show as full because of ghost avatars (for several minutes, can be up to 10 or more in laggy situations, an avatar that's left a region may still be seen as being in the region by the system).

Of course there are tools to limit the total number of avatars that can enter a region below the official limit of 100, but those are region wide, not per parcel, so your landlord can do little to enforce anything.

It's a shortcoming in the region and parcel tooling, but there you have it.

Oh, hmmm, that "100" reminds me: Estates often set their region Agent Limits much lower than 100, although they can go that high if they choose. Maybe in this case the estate owner simply needs to increase that limit.

That's tricky with clubs on the sim because they tend to attract higher-lag avatars than some other uses, but apparently the main complaint here is not (yet?) sim lag.

Might be the estate manager reduced the count. Don't know about club users being high lag, guess it depends on the club (and most of them have high lag malls, greeters, particle emitters, and other items like disco balls and lights of their own that add far more lag than all but the worst avatars).

Of course if the club is popular enough, it could still fill up even a higher visitor limit, though it they were that popular I'd expect them to have a full region of their own.

Without knowing what type of business you have but having had this same issue I can say this as far as home rental companies... most tenants in SL don't want to rent next to a club just for this reason. Very high lag, extreme amounts of visitors and largely (not all) club owners who just don't give a rip about the neighbors, only about their profit  margin. The club that was next to me wanted to pack the limit of avatars in and Id have been happy raising that limit so that they had 50 or so and I could have 50 or so on two 1/2 sims next to each other. They however, demanded to be able to use the full sim limit and on occasion came close to it with great grief to my tenants. Luckily they moved eventually and I was able to take over the whole sim but I did lose some major tenants up to that point because they got tired of not being able to log into their homes and extreme lag when they were there. Was it 24 hours a day? No, but it was enough that it was bothersome.  Its taken me a couple of months since the club moved to regain that profit line.

I have prospects coming now that specifically ask about clubs on the sim and one parcel of mine does have a club, but it's a small club without those problems... big clubs are another story altogether. I was glad to see them go. While at face value you think they can pull business to you typically they don't, at least in my experience. You might try to work out a sponsorship or something with them to use them as advertising but even then don't expect huge amounts of new traffic to your business (tried that too lol).

About the only thing you can do however is talk to your sim owner, try to talk to the neighbors and try to work out a compromise. Clubs typically have events once or twice a week but even at that if they consistenly pull high traffic there then that's a couple of times a week your tenants or customers will have issues.  Be nice when trying to discuss it but one can only hope they are willing to share resources so that everyone is happy because the rental business at least is too competitive for tenants to be very forgiving of this type of issue. In my experience of about a year and a half of rentals now, big clubs and tenant homes don't mix well at all and I avoid them if at all possible.

Edited because apparently cold fingers don't want to type in the morning Oo

logo.png