TipJar script when attached

Goldhunter01

Hi, i got a simple script from the market place Here, it works well when it's rezzed somewhere. But i wanna make it work when i attach on my avatar, actually it doesn't work, it seems like i have to change something on the script and i'm really awful in scripting.

Hope someone could help me.

thank for ur help :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

The advantage to Steph's relay suggestion is that you can use a split payment script in it.  The dancer wears a hat that says "Tip My Hat" and when the customer offers a tip, she gets 80% and the club manager gets 20%.  If a customer pays her directly the club doesn't get its cut.  Some managers get hostile about that sort of thing.

• Like 1

How would having an attachment working as a relay work?   I am wearing a hat that says "Tip My Hat."  Someone tries to pay it.   What happens next?

The only way I know to do this sort of thing is to have a tip jar that follows you.   Probably wouldn't work for a hat, but at least that way you can move round the area.

Hmmmm...   You're right.  The only way I can think of is truly clunky, but it's what I had floating around in my mind as I posted earlier.  As you say, it's always possible for a follower to be a tip jar, so your hat can either rez a transparent tip jar that covers it, or (more logically) it can be a follower.  The only mild advantage to having a transparent follower is that you don't have to run a really fast timer to keep it from looking like it's tethered by a rubber band.  People will only see the worn hat, which stays firmly on your head.