Really? Pivots

Hadet Sonnenkern

Hadet Sonnenkern wrote:

In all seriousness Pivots stilla ren't fixed? We're having to use this ridiculous bounding box workaround when pivots export perfectly fine in Collada format for other programs? Am I missing something or is this still the case? My object pivots perfectly in Unity, Max and Torque.

Yep the pivot point of a mesh is still determined by the meshes actual center point.  So yea we still have to do the workaround were we have to add invisible faces away from our meshes so that the pivot point appears to be offset but is really just the center point of the mesh.  Ridiculous I know. :(

Cathy Foil wrote:

Hadet Sonnenkern wrote:

In all seriousness Pivots stilla ren't fixed? We're having to use this ridiculous bounding box workaround when pivots export perfectly fine in Collada format for other programs? Am I missing something or is this still the case? My object pivots perfectly in Unity, Max and Torque.

Yep the pivot point of a mesh is still determined by the meshes actual center point.  So yea we still have to do the workaround were we have to add invisible faces away from our meshes so that the pivot point appears to be offset but is really just the center point of the mesh.  Ridiculous I know.
:(

Alternatively, dont be so lazy when scripting their rotation. LSL code to rotate an object around an arbitrary point is pretty easy, theres even example on the rotation wiki page.