World Map Aerial Shot Issue...

pastela

I recently put up a flag, covering the whole 512 plot of land I have, at 398 in the air. I made all the other surfaces of the prim invisible, if that matters. When the world map shot updated my flag became just a red blur covering the property (it was meant to be a Canadian flag). How can I make it so that it shows up correctly?

pastela wrote:

I recently put up a flag, covering the whole 512 plot of land I have, at 398 in the air. I made all the other surfaces of the prim invisible, if that matters. When the world map shot updated my flag became just a red blur covering the property (it was meant to be a Canadian flag). How can I make it so that it shows up correctly?

Try reducing the size of your texture to the smallest that will show the detail, even if it's blocky. Though it's an automated program that updates the Map, it works on the same principal as your camera view; it has to request the texture from the asset servers and, until it's all recieved, it's going to be blurry. And, with as many sims lined up for each update, the program isn't going to wait around for your 16x32m sign to "stand still".

Why would you want to cover your land with an image on the map? Imagine how the map would look if every parcel and region owner did the same. It would not be a map anymore, but a puzzle of all kinds of random images.

Shouldn't the purpose of the map to be a map, not a picture book? Look how badly the map is already misused by some land owners. :smileysad: