hi

kfoNfsy

Question

You may open up to five accounts (alts).  Every account is separate -- different username, password, etc.  You may use the same e-mail address and funding source (credit card or PayPal) for each one if you like.  Create a new account the same way that you created your first one.

Because each account is separate, your avatars will have their own inventory and account balances.  You may exchange transferable items and L$ between them, but you may not not give no-transfer items from one account to another.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

You may open up to five accounts (alts).  Every account is separate -- different username, password, etc.  You may use the same e-mail address and funding source (credit card or PayPal) for each one if you like.  Create a new account the same way that you created your first one.

Because each account is separate, your avatars will have their own inventory and account balances.  You may exchange transferable items and L$ between them, but you may not not give no-transfer items from one account to another.

• Like 1

Rolig's answer is spot on :D

Now I'd like to offer another perspective. Don't set up your ALTs with active payment methods. IMHO that should be set up on your primary avatar account only. Feel free to pay your ALTs as needed for their in-world purchases when needed.

WHY?

The more ALTs you have the more passwords you have and people tend to simplify their passwords when they make their online life too complicated. If you don't practice "great" password selection and safety on all these ALTs you have a higher exposure to account fraud and potential real life payment method loss should you have a weak moment fall for a phishing scheme.

I use an Avatar credit card script to allow my ALTs a limited credit level against my primary Avatar account's Linden Balance. The advantages are:

1) The daily withdrawal limit is capped per avatar.

2) If one of my ALTs withdrawal requests exhausts my current linden balance, no automatic purchase is initiated using my primary account's payment method.

3) I get an email message for each CC withdrawal/linden transfer.

Life is good :D