'Rezz able harbor' 1 week back began light particle script

Almost 3 weeks I and Lars had open our port. We offer everyone to be able to rez their boats, but since 1 week back began light particle script and some memmory-eating-thingy that  destroys so much. I have done 3  abuse reportes and I know that Lars also done it. 3 weeks, 500 person and some nuts the just want to destroy. The first thing we will do is to reduce the time before the boats must be gone, disappointing when the 'dream of serenity' maybe will stay as just a dream. Mia

Wouldn't this be an issue to address via estate controls? If you're able to allow rezzing, you are also able to block/ban.

If you are dealing with persistent griefers, you can restrict rights to members of a group with an admission fee (which you could refund) or that is by invitation only.

I realize one shouldn't have to take such precautions, but there are ways to ameloriate the situation without relying on the Lindens, who are no better able to anticipate the griefer's next alt than you are.

Estate control... I am on mainland, me and Lars 'own' a parcel at the size of an half sim. I was stupid to think ppl in sl could handle public access. I always report to linden when someone don't follow ToS or ban them if they can't understand common sense. Madelaine maybe you made it much simpler for me, and let the Port die as Lars wants. And restrict it to me and Lars or them who want pay for access.  I guess Madeleine McMasters that I seen second life's rise, the happy prosperous days, to 2010 then see the SL fall. And I guess I for a moment forgot. Maybe I needed a reality check to se how bad thing are. 

Tears Serf wrote:

Estate control... I am on mainland, me and Lars 'own' a parcel at the size of an half sim. I was stupid to think ppl in sl could handle public access. I always report to linden when someone don't follow ToS or ban them if they can't understand common sense. Madelaine maybe you made it much simpler for me, and let the Port die as Lars wants. And restrict it to me and Lars or them who want pay for access.  I guess Madeleine McMasters that I seen second life's rise, the happy prosperous days, to 2010 then see the SL fall. And I guess I for a moment forgot. Maybe I needed a reality check to se how bad thing are. 

There where always griefers around. In 2010, when I started SL, the sandbox I used as my log-out and general unpacking place was griefed daily by people who thought it was fun to throw gages around. And before 2010 there where also a lot griefers.

People who grief others will be around as long as the servers are running and as long as people log into Second Life. Its sad to hear that someone spoiled your generous offer. I would suggest to make a group and give that group rezzing rights on this parcel. Then remove the open entry to the group and let people know, that they can talk to either you or Lars for an invitation.

This may cut off the kind of griefer you have there, because I suspect its the kind of does it because its possible and not because there is a passionate background.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Tears Serf wrote:

There where always griefers around. In 2010, when I started SL, the sandbox I used as my log-out and general unpacking place was griefed daily by people who thought it was fun to throw gages around. And before 2010 there where also a lot griefers.

People who grief others will be around as long as the servers are running and as long as people log into Second Life. Its sad to hear that someone spoiled your generous offer. I would suggest to make a group and give that group rezzing rights on this parcel. Then remove the open entry to the group and let people know, that they can talk to either you or Lars for an invitation.

This may cut off the kind of griefer you have there, because I suspect its the kind of does it because its possible and not because there is a passionate background.

Ive been here too loong i guess.