Ability To Partner Non Functioning

Okay, this is crazy!! For several days now, the ability to partner has not worked between me and My Love. I can partner my alt...that was creepy! We've each tried different browsers and different computers...and clearly my request sent to my alt, actually worked. So, what gives? It was funny the first two days and now it's just maddening and frustrating. Tried to get help by filing a ticket, but, of course, since we are lowly Non-Premium Accout holders, no one can help us.

Any ideas out there? And please, keep the smart alec..."...maybe it's a sign...." comments to yourself. That's not funny. Ever.

thank you to those who may offer some legitimate help.

~Mauren Mureaux~

Is love not worth a few $?

Did support state that it was a premium membership level request, is the case closed?

I would think that issues with the partnering system would be addressed for any Resident who experiences difficulty.

You might be able to get exposure at Twitter, SL is there, as are the random linden or ceo.

There was this reply, but it seems to still be open.

"A comment has been added to your Case..

Case: 01821548
Type: Account Creation Issues
  Hello Mauren Mureaux,

Our records show that your Second Life account has a Basic (free) membership. Basic members have many Support options open to them (you can file cases about most account issues, billing issues, marketplace issues, and some technical issues), but it seems like your issue in this case is not one that is supported for Basic members:"

Summer Tison wrote:

Hi Mauren, I noticed you've tried sending her a partner request, have you tried it the other way around? Just a thought.

Edited to add...maybe your requests are going to her spam folder.

That could very likely be what is happening.  I have my IMs set to email and all of them land in my spam folder.  Sometimes group notices make it to my email, others land in spam - there is apparently no rhyme nor reason for where info from SL lands in my emailbox.

Yes. We have each tried ffrom one to the other many, many, many time. Different browsers, different computers, different days in case it's some kind of weird server glitch. Nothing works.

We get the emails. The problem in on the SL.com Account Page for Pertnering. When we click on, "I accept" it just reloads that page exactly the same, each and every time. If we click on, "reject", i accepts the rejection right away and we get a different page.

*sighs*

Mauren Mureaux wrote:

Yes. We have each tried ffrom one to the other many, many, many time. Different browsers, different computers, different days in case it's some kind of weird server glitch. Nothing works.

We get the emails. The problem in on the SL.com Account Page for Pertnering. When we click on, "I accept" it just reloads that page exactly the same, each and every time. If we click on, "reject", i accepts the rejection right away and we get a different page.

*sighs*

Mauren, you said you can partner your alt.  Which means you're probably logging in with Firestorm on both accounts.

I noticed that you said the person you're trying to partner, is on Black Dragon.  (which is the new incarnation of the now defunct Niran viewer, from their website:  "Dead. It's dead, leave it alone,...")  

But, "Black Dragon" isn't listed as a third party viewer by LL.  It's possible that viewer lacks the function you need.  I suggest both you and your partner use the same viewer, and just for good measure, make it the official LL viewer since you're trying to solve what is a serious glitch.  

Let me know if that works.

*ETA (I partnered on 12-13-2013, and we used Firestorm and Singularity with no problems)

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

I noticed that you said the person you're trying to partner, is on Black Dragon.  (which is the new incarnation of the now defunct Niran viewer, from their website:  "Dead. It's dead, leave it alone,...")  

But, "Black Dragon" isn't listed as a third party viewer by LL.  It's possible that viewer lacks the function you need.  I suggest both you and your partner use the same viewer, and just for good measure, make it the official LL viewer since you're trying to solve what is a serious glitch.  

Ahhh, I had never heard of the Black Dragon viewer and wondered what it was.

*ETA (I partnered on 12-13-2013, and we used Firestorm and Singularity with no problems)

Congratulations, Celestiall. :)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Congratulations, Celestiall.
:)

Thanks Czari!  It just goes to show that even after six years in SL, there's still uncharted waters to explore.  *smiles*

Congratulations, Celestiall!

I hope you have a hell of a time... and don't drown... or do... whichever suits you!

;-)

Hi Everyone~

I'm confused as to how us partnering would be inhibited by which viewer we use considering that when we partner it's both proposed and accepted via the SL.com website??

Also, i asked her to temporarily change her password to one she does not normally use and to allow me to sign in and send a proposal form her accout, log out and log in to my account to accept it. I tried this both ways...with me sending from her to me and the "accept" just reloaded the page - "no thanks" worked.....and i sent the proposal from me to her with the same exact results. I let her know THAT did not work and asked her to change back to her normal password.

So, you see, we too have been trying to wrap our heads around exactly what the issue could be. I'm still confused on how the viewer would make a difference since we have sometimes been trying to partner when neither of us are even logged in to Second Life. It really is quite frustrating. Gah!!

Mauren Mureaux wrote:

Hi Everyone~

I'm confused as to how us partnering would be inhibited by which viewer we use considering that when we partner it's both proposed and accepted via the SL.com website??

Your gut feeling is right, partnering has nothing at all to do with the viewer.

You got as far as the email going thru, and the accept/no thanks form on the web site, so the proposal part has worked fine, only accepting is left.

If accepting worked OK with the alt, then the problem is probably not with your browser, though tryng others won't hurt if you didn't already. Second Life web devs seem to only test with Firefox. It would also not hurt to clear any browser cookies related to secondlife.com, and temporarily switch off ad blockers.

Still, at this point, everything points to a profile problem, probably with your intended partner's profile. One of you may need to get a short term premium subscription to get this fixed from LL's side.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

see Alexa Linden's response to this issue (and a couple of identical cases): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4154?focusedCommentId=417785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-417785

As it seems the issue happens due to some illegal characters in one of the partners' web-profile (you can edit your own profile at https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile )

Can
both
parties of the effected couple do the following:

Open both the effected account's profiles.

Remove
ALL
text from your profiles' Biography and Real Life Biography sections. Please Note - Somewhere in those fields you have a bad character (you may not be able to see it) so please backspace and thoroughly clean those fields. This can also be a bad Unicode character you have used.

SAVE your changes.

Once you have cleaned out your profiles and saved them, make the partnership offer. If your partner is able to accept, please both check your profiles to insure you're listed as partners. If you are, then re-enter the text in your profiles.

If this does not resolve your issue, and if you have not already, please file a new BUG issue and name it Partnering Issue. Thank you!