offlines to email not being received from objects

DeShaunG

Question

I have had the same thing happen occasionally, and I have used the same very reliable visitor counters for years -- ones that I scripted myself.  I have blamed the sim's servers usually, but I think that may be unfair, especially since it's usually only one of the four identical counters on my sim that screws up at a time.  If I understand correctly, e-mail traffic is handled by servers dedicated to that function, not by the sim's servers.  I think the problem is likely with those servers.  I don't know that there's much you can do about it.  My own solution is to store a summary of the week's totals locally on the sim so that I have a backup that I can go to if the e-mail version doesn't come through for some reason.  It's easy enough to simply have your counter send the data to that local backup by llRegionSayTo whenever it is sending you the e-mail.

1 answer to this question

I have had the same thing happen occasionally, and I have used the same very reliable visitor counters for years -- ones that I scripted myself.  I have blamed the sim's servers usually, but I think that may be unfair, especially since it's usually only one of the four identical counters on my sim that screws up at a time.  If I understand correctly, e-mail traffic is handled by servers dedicated to that function, not by the sim's servers.  I think the problem is likely with those servers.  I don't know that there's much you can do about it.  My own solution is to store a summary of the week's totals locally on the sim so that I have a backup that I can go to if the e-mail version doesn't come through for some reason.  It's easy enough to simply have your counter send the data to that local backup by llRegionSayTo whenever it is sending you the e-mail.