How many sims must I own to qualify for a reduced monthly rate?

Piggs Boucher

Question

Extended support

Linden Lab offers extended support at no additional charge to Concierge Residents with monthly Private Region maintenance fees of $5000 and over. Those who qualify will be added automatically to extended support. If you transfer or abandon regions and are no longer billed the minimum monthly amount, you will be removed automatically from extended support. In addition to existing Concierge benefits, extended support membership includes:

• Accelerated ticket response — 24 hour response and average 48 hour resolution for most issues.
  • Discounted island (Private Region) rental.

The best way to find out what the discounted rates are is probably to ask the billing office.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 0800-664-5510

Japan: 0066-33-132-830

Portugal: 800-814-450

Spain: 800-300-560

UK: 0800-048-4646

Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Extended support

Linden Lab offers extended support at no additional charge to Concierge Residents with monthly Private Region maintenance fees of $5000 and over. Those who qualify will be added automatically to extended support. If you transfer or abandon regions and are no longer billed the minimum monthly amount, you will be removed automatically from extended support. In addition to existing Concierge benefits, extended support membership includes:

• Accelerated ticket response — 24 hour response and average 48 hour resolution for most issues.
  • Discounted island (Private Region) rental.

The best way to find out what the discounted rates are is probably to ask the billing office.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 0800-664-5510

Japan: 0066-33-132-830

Portugal: 800-814-450

Spain: 800-300-560

UK: 0800-048-4646

Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

Hiya Piggs!

How many sims must I own to qualify for a reduced monthly rate and what are the rates?

Here's a very old (mid 2010) article on the subject. I've no idea what the current state of affairs is, nor even if that story is accurate...

http://alphavilleherald.com/2010/06/will-lab’s-over-half-off-sale-for-large-landowners-continue.html

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether the Atlas program still exists, Maddy, but that's not the part that the OP is really interested in. In the end, the real expense of owning land is in the monthly land fees, not in the purchase price, and the Atlas program doesn't affect those. BTW, if the Atlas program does still exist, I'm not sure how attractive it really is. After all, you can usually buy sims on the secondary market for much less than you can buy them from Linden Lab anyway.

Piggs,

I have to admit, I miss Extended Support but that said, I'm much more relaxed living on and leasing my remaining 2 full regions. I don't stress [too much] about cash flow or seasonal tenant abandonment issues anymore.

Reduced monthly rates have not been a hallmark of owning a large number of private regions since I have been in SL [circa 2006]. Reduced set-up fees was the big incentive for land speculators to buy 10's or 100's of private regions for their leasing inventory. That article about the Atlas program cited Linden Lab reducing the set-up costs for Full Regions well below the then standard $1000 or earlier $1500 fee for institutional investors. That made perfect sense from LLs business perspective. This allowed the available region numbers to swell without losing a significant percentage of the one time set-up fees income stream. A staffer setting up lets say 50 full regions for an estate owner wasn't doing a $1000 dollars worth of labor per region with it's build in profit margin and grid placement research for all 50 regions only need to be performed once. Thus the "savings" could "be passed on" for those wanting to invest in SL's future. Still there was enough income from the reduced set-up fees to purchase/lease the needed sever blades to place the new regions online if needed

To be sure the investors paid the standard recurring monthly fees just like everyone else so the more predictable permanent income stream was set.

So to answer your question: You don't get a reduced monthly rate by leasing a large number of regions that we know of.

So to reduce your acquisition costs, buy more regions on the Used Region Market and save big time.

• Like 2