Help Improve Market Place Search!

I was about to come back here and ask why my browser didn't have the surveymonkey link until I finally noticed the word 'here' was green.

I have come back anyway, because I wanted to be the first person to complain that the possible answers to Question 4 didn't include "Absolutely Inexcusably Horrible".

ETA thanks for the post. It does suggest someone might actually be doing something like listening to the customers.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I was about to come back here and ask why my browser didn't have the surveymonkey link until I finally noticed the word 'here' was green.

I have come back anyway, because I wanted to be the first person to complain that the possible answers to Question 4 didn't include "Absolutely Inexcusably Horrible".

ETA thanks for the post. It does suggest someone might actually be doing something like listening to the customers.

What kills me is how much of the needed improvemnts are 'no brainers,' many of which have been discussed ad nauseum in the Merchant's Forum, a section of this Forum that we do know gets read by several Lindens.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

What kills me is how much of the needed improvemnts are 'no brainers,' many of which have been discussed ad nauseum in the Merchant's Forum, a section of this Forum that we do know gets read by several Lindens.

Exactly my thoughts too Perrie.

My posting the topic here may have been a little self serving.

Maybe if I used the MP more I'd understand it's logic (snerk) but it is not intuitive, it is not user friendly so I don't use it much. 

I'm not a Merchant but I do hope Merchants are letting their customers know about this Survey.  Otherwise LL may just say, no one answered so everything must be fine despite our complaints in the Forum.

Only LL knows what the sales per click ratio is, but my guess is that it is dismal.  (There probably is an industry standard for this.)  I'd say easily 95% of my visits to the MP result in no sale simply because it is a pain for me to use, I'm unable to find quickly what I am looking for.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'd say easily 95% of my visits to the MP result in no sale simply because it is a pain for me to use, I'm unable to find quickly what I am looking for.

One of the reasons why it is very difficult to find quickly something is that lots of merchants appear to abuse the keywords - putting there totally unrelated words for the product.

Just an example - I saw women's high heels. The keywords were:

skin,shape,female,complete,avatar,black,white,red,gree,cat eyes,pink,snow,chocolate,purple,sexy,shoes,heels,promo,gift

I wonder what those keywords I have coloured blue have to do with those high heels? Absolutely nothing at all! There was even the store name and the seller's name in the keywords (I removed those from the above list).

Every time I search something I see tons of unrelated keywords being used. No wonder it is hard to find quickly something specific.

Coby Foden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'd say easily 95% of my visits to the MP result in no sale simply because it is a pain for me to use, I'm unable to find quickly what I am looking for.

One of the reasons why it is very difficult to find quickly something is that lots of merchants appear to abuse the keywords - putting there totally unrelated words for the product.

Just an example - I saw women's high heels. The keywords were:

skin
shape
,female,
complete
black
,white,red,
gree
cat eyes
pink
snow
chocolate
purple
,sexy,shoes,heels,promo,gift

I wonder what those keywords I have coloured
blue
have to do with those high heels? Absolutely nothing at all! There was even the store name and the seller's name in the keywords (I removed those from the above list).

Every time I search something I see tons of unrelated keywords being used. No wonder it is hard to find quickly something specific.

This is probably the #1 contributer to making search such a mess. And so easy to fix.  And yes, Perrie is right, we merchants have been pleading for years to fix it (as well as a lot more). 

Giving merchants sales per click data, and click through per search term data - two things I suggested.

I also suggested ability to filter by mesh and demo.

And Ajax for filtering so that pages don't need to be reloaded and the search category doesn't have to reset each time you update your search terms.

A few more sorting options. And some ability to tie relevancy into both my profile interests, and 'what else others searching on this have clicked on or bought.'

Also the ability to review anything found in my inventory (which would likely encourage merchants to stop boxing items - assuming others also delete the boxes after unpacking.)

One thing I forgot to suggest: redelivery as an option for any item listed as copy.

My ideal suggestion would kill marketplace, or tie it to land - but those topics are not related to this poll so I didn't mention them.

Telling for me was that the highest options for buy per month were 5000L for each of MP and inworld - if they set the bar there it means their data implies the average is lower. I spend way over that on both... (even when I inworld shop I often make a final buy on MP so I can review, if its there).