Belligerent Alt Spammer - Filing AR's on staff?

Foxximus

There's a person that keeps coming back with various alts harassing people on our sim, as well as saying he's sending AR's on our staff that remove him from the sim.

A general question, if I'm not mistaken there are instances where IP bans can be implemented in order to prevent this type of harassment, or impede them further?

Get a device that ports out any avatar under say... 15 days old.

Unless you're a newbie place - that shouldn't even be noticed by normal visitors. I'm generally not a fan of those kinds of things - but this is a good example of their need. And for real users that are less than a month or two old, its really better to be sticking to newbie-specific areas anyway... though I would never want to restrict people like that, its the advice I'd give them.

But if the person is willing to sit on alts for 15 days before using them... well, that takes a special kind of mental derangement I guess. It could happen, or they could just find some other spot to target.

A private region is private. A visiting resident may be ejected by the region owner/manager at anytime for any reason, or for no reason at all. Land settings may change at anytime.

I wouldn't worry about any AR's an unwelcome visitor may file. If the region managers recognize the TOS and the community standards all will be good. 

I don't know much about the latest security gadgets.

worse, IP bans et. al. have a very high false positive rate. You're banning someone in an internet cafe, you're banning that internet cafe in its entirety, and maybe all their other venues as well.

Ban someone living in a student dorm, you're banning the entire campus.

Ban some kid trolling from his bedroom, you're banning his parent who've no idea what little Joe is up to when he should be asleep.

Under LL's official policy, all avatars are separate and to be treated as such. Acting against one as if it were an alt of another is against the TOS and can get your account suspended.