How to stop spammer who changes accounts weekly

Torias75

Question

Only one way.  Make membership in the groups by invitation only.  If your groups are open, anyone can join.  You'll have to wait until each time that he joins and then boot him again.

Of course, you could always mute him each time he shows up.  If everyone did that, or at least agreed to ignore him, he'd lose interest in his annoying little game.  At the very least, if you muted him he wouldn't be annoying you any more.

3 answers to this question

Only one way.  Make membership in the groups by invitation only.  If your groups are open, anyone can join.  You'll have to wait until each time that he joins and then boot him again.

Of course, you could always mute him each time he shows up.  If everyone did that, or at least agreed to ignore him, he'd lose interest in his annoying little game.  At the very least, if you muted him he wouldn't be annoying you any more.

If this is the guy I think it is, he's been at it for more than a year.    I don't think that making the one group he and I have in common invitation only would work, since it's for a busy club, but the moderators are pretty quick to eject and ban him, in my experience.    I'm pretty quick to mute him and his alts, come to that.

All I can suggest is to keep on ARing him, though since he is very careful only to hint, as you say, about his interests, I'm not sure how much good that does (and I am not going to try to get involved in a conversation with him in order to gain more evidence).