is there no way to get "resident" removed from your name? obviously buyng premium doesn't work

angiewolf

Question

It's not going to happen.  Ever.  The battle over LL's change to one-name format was fought over two years ago.  They are not going back.  You will rarely see your "Resident" last name unless you are logging in to a third party viewer that requires it -- many do not -- and you can always use a Display Name instead of your username for most things anyway.    I know it's not as nice as having a real last name, but it's what we have.  Live with it.   And Merry Christmas.  :smileywink:

6 answers to this question

It's not going to happen.  Ever.  The battle over LL's change to one-name format was fought over two years ago.  They are not going back.  You will rarely see your "Resident" last name unless you are logging in to a third party viewer that requires it -- many do not -- and you can always use a Display Name instead of your username for most things anyway.    I know it's not as nice as having a real last name, but it's what we have.  Live with it.   And Merry Christmas.  :smileywink:

It cannot be done.  Every avatar has to have a last name, and since the removal of legacy names (last names), the name Resident is used as a place-holder.  We did hope that Linden Lab would have a rethink about this, but they will not, so while here on the forums you just have the one visible name, on objects etc., within Second Life, you are a member of the very large Resident family.

You could set a Display name. Your avatar surname would still be Resident but most Residents would see your display name.

Only older accounts have a surname.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Usernames-and-display-names/ta-p/700173

There is a method to purchase a name. There are requirements that must be met. I cannot recall where the link is for that atm.

Edit: I found the link. You're going to :smileyvery-happy: , it's $500 usd to set up and $500 per year to keep and you can only use it to make a new name.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Custom_Name_Program

• Like 1