Life 2.0 Question

Here is another good one called

it say's German HD but it's just subtitled in German.

the video itself is in english.

and this one on hulu When Strangers Click

it's 5 different stories about people meeting online..and the last one is about second life..

the last story in this one is one of my favorites of them all as far as people meeting and awesome things happening in their lives..

it's  really my favorite ..can't say it enough with how much they gained by knowing each other and all of it from meeting in this  virtual world right here ..

=)

Just finished watching Life 2.0 and all I can say is....HOLY CRAP!

If my wife watched that show, she would NEVER, EVER let me back in SL again. So depressing....

SPOILERS:

1)  Guy goes on SL as a teenage girl (not for the slex, he says) and winds up deleting his account because he can't seperate SL and RL and then loses his fiance.....

2) Couple meet in SL and decide to take it to RL...they both divorce their current partners, he figures out that he can't live with herm and winds up moving to INDIA!! INDIA...not across the country or even to Europe...INDIA!! WOW!!

3) Lady spends her entire time on SL making clothes that get stolen. She sues and makes $520 for her troubles. Due to the normal SL economy, she nearly goes out of business.

UGH!!

I do wonder if all these people are still in SL. And yes, I also know that a lot has changed since this was done (in 2009, I think) and that not every story in SL ends in tragedy or defeat...but DAMN!! :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I thought the You Tube versions were more like trailers, not the full show. At least the one's I saw. This Jan's issue of O Magazine has an article in it about how SL is used for positive body image, and that people don't separate RL from SL avatar. It's under their Mind and Body section. Really felt the person who wrote it, had not really been a resident. She claimed people come here to work out on tredmills. I had heard a bit about this reflective body image, but it's really not what SL is about, IMO. I couldn't find this article online. I think you need a subscription for that article. I'll ck out the links, thanks.

Interesting! :)

Also, disregard the link I gave. Val's is much more efficient. Guess they uploaded to vid to YouTube finally.(yay)

Also, @everyone else, does anyone know the documentary where this one resident preferred SL more than RL and left a 10 episode machinima as an only clue before disappearing? Forgot the title. :L

JPG0809 wrote:

Interesting!
:)

Also, disregard the link I gave. Val's is much more efficient. Guess they uploaded to vid to YouTube finally.(yay)

Also, @everyone else, does anyone know the documentary where this one resident preferred SL more than RL and left a 10 episode machinima as an only clue before disappearing? Forgot the title. :L

Could it be Molotov Alva?  I watched all 10 some time ago.  Here's the first episode.