I bought a few things these days and disappear from my inventory, what do I do?

owner Scientist

Question

3 answers to this question

How did you clear your cache?  If all you did was click the Clear Cache button in Preferences, try doing it the careful way, "manually" >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

IMO, the most important sentence in those instructions is the one that says, "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory."  Just be patient.

If you have this problem often, then your local inventory cache is not being updated properly.  That's usually a sign that you have an unreliable or weak Internet connection.  This is not about bandwidth, but about whether your connection is steady enough to handle a steady, continuous flow of data without interference or data corruption.  If you've been using wireless, I suggest getting off it.  If it's been a while since you rebooted your router to clear its RAM, I suggest unplugging it from the power for a few minutes and then restarting your computer.  If you have deeper problems, you may want to read http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

If an item mysteriously disappears from your inventory, use the the procedures below to locate it.

• Click the Inventory inventory_button.png button on the toolbar and select the RECENT tab. Items returned since last log off will be stored here.
  • Clear the Second Life Viewer's cache. 
  • Search for the item by entering its name in the Filter Inventory field of the INVENTORY window.
  • Search the Lost And Found folder.
  • Search the Trash folder.
  • Search folders listed at the top of the INVENTORY window.
  • Your filter settings may be hiding some of your inventory items. To reset them, click the Gear message-id icon at the bottom left of the INVENTORY window and choose Reset Filters.

You can also look in your Transaction history at your Dashboard account page. If you see the transaction, but cannot find the item after following the suggestions above, consider contacting the seller or merchant.

Account > Transaction History