Face/body lighting

Jazleen Raynier

I've been away for what feels like forever and am, before I start roaming, trying to update my girl. Before I disappeared I had what I think was called 'Windlight'. So, going through my inventory all I have left are cards and nothing that says anything about avatar lighting. Has this been removed from SL? If not, is there a light out there that works. I did manage to find one in the Marketplace just for the face, and despite it being free, it has done nothing to light any of Jaz up. If there is no manufactured light I can wear, is there somewhere I will find lighting instructions to put some light on her. Jaz is one of those avatars that looks better in the light, in the dark her face looks quite square and unnatural.

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Facelights (and even worse, full bodylightning) is horrible. I had to turn some lightsettings in my viewer off, because of people using added lights, which ruined the environment and the way I saw my own avatar. I wouldn't recommend using them. Instead, I prefer windlight settings to alter the standart lightning. Windlight can be found in the viewer.

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

I've been away for what feels like forever and am, before I start roaming, trying to update my girl. Before I disappeared I had what I think was called 'Windlight'. So, going through my inventory all I have left are cards and nothing that says anything about avatar lighting. Has this been removed from SL? If not, is there a light out there that works. I did manage to find one in the Marketplace just for the face, and despite it being free, it has done nothing to light any of Jaz up. If there is no manufactured light I can wear, is there somewhere I will find lighting instructions to put some light on her. Jaz is one of those avatars that looks better in the light, in the dark her face looks quite square and unnatural.

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Wearing a FaceLight or using WindLight still is no guarantee of what others will see.  You have no control over their graphics settings or capabilities.

The problem with FaceLights is that they have the potential of washing out someone elses graphics while your individual WindLight does not.

If you are going to use one, I'd  recomend NLight Free.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Nlight-FREE-20-Adjustable-Beauty-Light/476952