When selling lindens goes the wrong way

Tamara Artis

I searched the forums but didn't find a thread with similar problem. So I have sold some lindens and did that process credit and, at my big surprise only 3 days later received a confirmation email from LL saying my request to process funds has been approved and completed and money should show up in my PayPal, if it doesn't to contact their support.

Well it didn't show up, PayPal showed no new transactions from LL. I waited a day and contacted Paypal support. They looked at my account, its okay, verified, I am able to receive funds but they don't see any payment from LL. So PayPal politely advises to see with LL. So I think for myself yeah right, each of those services will advise to ask the other one for help (I had same situation before between Yahoo and PayPal when trying to pay for Flickr pro).

Today afternoon I submit a ticket and well I really didn't expect much but not only that I got a reply, they researched everything, found out PayPal denied the payment and somehow it failed to refund back to my SL account so they sent the funds back. It took only few hours!

Now say support and tickets don't work lol

On the other hand, now I'm kinda scared to try again :D

They don't do research, they are completely swamped, it is not really their fault that these things happen. It is one of many management issues. PayPal does not decline payments, it is a technical issue on LL's end where they try to send the payment but it doesn't go through. PayPal would list every movement even negative one.. i had the same things with them,

I had a problem once where I withdrew a large payment but didn't really needed it and after 10 days i looked to see it was declined. I contacted support and they said that PayPal declined it not them. So I called PayPal and they pretty much said "We would never decline to receive your money" back to LL when I told them what PayPal said they all of a sudden didn't understand my question anymore "why was my payment declined?" They gave me weird off topic answers and kept closing the ticket untill I got furious and told them not to close the ticket on an unresolved issue. They requested from me to go through the procedure again because it was PayPals fault... so i got me a written statement from PayPal that they have never received a single cent in that period of time from anyone. I asked LL to speed up my new request since it wasn't my fault and have never heard back from them after 6 days it went through, it took a total of 17 days to get my money. Before I used Eldex and had it on my bank account within 2 hours.