Web front end that communicates to an in-world object to exchange L$

Xpl0ad3r Neox

Good evening everyone,

I've been reading on how to interact with in-world objects through PHP, then I went in "LSL HTTP server" wiki's page and noticed this functionality (which is exactly what I'm looking for):

• A store with a web front end that communicates to an in-world object to exchange L$ and inventory items.

However I couldn't find a proper example, could someone give me some help here please? Thank you!

Xpl0ad3r Neox wrote:

Good evening everyone,

I've been reading on how to interact with in-world objects through PHP, then I went in "LSL HTTP server" wiki's page and noticed this functionality (which is exactly what I'm looking for):
  • A store with a web front end that communicates to an in-world object to exchange L$ and inventory items.

However I couldn't find a proper example, could someone give me some help here please? Thank you!

Though I'd like to help you with this, I don't understand what a "proper example" is and how everything on that page as well as https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_http_server/examples fails to be that.

This a forum for discussion and possible solutions to scripts posted ( or tear it to shreds :smileylol: ), if you wish to submit work others will discuss and add to it, else the employment forum is your best option.

Bit confused with the exchange $L that is against TOS without authorization from Linden Labs.

"II believe he is referring to a marketplace website and its about L$ transactions between SL residents like a merchant and customers."

I think that still come under trading $L. I not a solicitor, but if I read the ToS correctly then it would violate it. You need to study or get advise from someone who knows what they talking about as far as the legal contract. Sorry not helpful, but I really do not want to say things and you end up in trouble.

4.5 “Linden Dollars” are virtual tokens that we license. Each Linden Dollar is a virtual token representing contractual permission from Linden Lab to access features of the Service. Linden Dollars are available for Purchase or distribution at Linden Lab's discretion, and are not redeemable for monetary value from Linden Lab.

@steph Arnott

Everything will still be done within SL... the web page would work just like a shortcut, no taxes or whatsover included.. I don't think it would be stealing from LL anyhow, since the LL's would still circulate in-game.

The user enters in, likes some item, presses the buy button, then somehow the LL are charged and sent to the item creator in-game.

Right, you're just needing a vending solution, which is completely within the ToS.

My recommendation is to go with a proven, turn-key system, a number of which can be found on the Market Place. I say that because it would prove cost effective compared to setting up one on your own.

• Like 1