coalesced items

Hi, i have a question

im aware you can retreive the linknumber of an object if it consists of several prims linked together.

but what about 'coalesced items' is thier anyway to tell the order in which i picked them up?

-

the annoying thing is.. if i go into edit mode, rez my coalesced item...

then pick it up again it doesnt always work as it should

So instead i have to keep it all selected, unselect the root prim, select it again then pick it up.

and sometimes that works great :)

but unfortunatly not 100% of the time so i have to do it the hard way & figure out the order in which i picked each item up

is this even possible please advise

Devone Carter wrote:

Hi, i have a question

im aware you can retreive the linknumber of an object if it consists of several prims linked together.

but what about 'coalesced items' is thier anyway to tell the order in which i picked them up?

-

the annoying thing is.. if i go into edit mode, rez my coalesced item...

then pick it up again it doesnt always work as it should

So instead i have to keep it all selected, unselect the root prim, select it again then pick it up.

and sometimes that works great
:)

but unfortunatly not 100% of the time so i have to do it the hard way & figure out the order in which i picked each item up

is this even possible please advise

Technically speaking coalesced items are not "linked." 

I don't know why you are using edit mode when you rez them.  There is no need for this if all you are trying to do is get the indivdual items back into your inventory.

If you are trying to get an unlinked multi object item back into your inventory as one item, the last object selected would act as the 'root.'  Can be tricky to do when dragging your mouse over the object(s).

Assuming that it is a group of items you want to stay together in a certain position in relation to each other, for example christmas decorations for a house, you are much better off using a rez box for this type of thing if your items are modifiable. There is at least one free one available on MP

Rez them out, move the box and everything moves with it and stays in the same place in relation to the other items.  If the items are copy, just derez or delete when done,If they are transfer, you can grap them all together to put them back in the box and order makes no difference.  If they are a mix, just pick the transfer only itmes back up to put in the box and derez or delete the rest.

This works for items up to 96m apart on some boxes, sim wide on others.  It can also be as small an area as you need it to be. 

Just name the box something that you will recoginize and you don't have to worry about the order you pick things back up in.