inventory keeps disappearing

Wolfen Greggan

Question

I have about the same number of items in my inventory (30,000 +/-) because I do a lot of building and scripting too, and don't have any problem at all.  That may be because (a) I never use wireless, and (b) I reboot my router and modem monthly to clear their RAM. A lot of the recurring inventory issues that people have are caused by data errors when the local cache is being updated from SL's servers.  That happens every time you log in and again whenever you add or remove something from inventory.  If you've had interference or data loss during the update, things go missing.  Those are more likely the larger your inventory is, and when you're not on a good, dependable cable connection with clean equipment.  Usually you can recover missing items by doing a careful "manual" cache clear, but the best solution is to take steps not to lose them in the first place.

1 answer to this question

I have about the same number of items in my inventory (30,000 +/-) because I do a lot of building and scripting too, and don't have any problem at all.  That may be because (a) I never use wireless, and (b) I reboot my router and modem monthly to clear their RAM. A lot of the recurring inventory issues that people have are caused by data errors when the local cache is being updated from SL's servers.  That happens every time you log in and again whenever you add or remove something from inventory.  If you've had interference or data loss during the update, things go missing.  Those are more likely the larger your inventory is, and when you're not on a good, dependable cable connection with clean equipment.  Usually you can recover missing items by doing a careful "manual" cache clear, but the best solution is to take steps not to lose them in the first place.