i'm missing 50 linden

ZZNavi23

Question

You're lucky.  You only lost about 20 cents, not enough to buy a piece of gum.  Whoever tipped you was (a) pretty cheap and (b) probably a bad shot.  He could easily have tipped the wrong person or maybe even some object nearby.  Or maybe he just said he was sending you a tip and sort of forgot to do it.

BTW, back in my dancing days, the club owner got ticked if anyone tipped dancers directly instead of using the club's tip jars.  Management expects to get their 20% cut.  If whoever tipped you followed the rules, maybe the tip is in the club's tip jar.  You might ask the owner.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

You're lucky.  You only lost about 20 cents, not enough to buy a piece of gum.  Whoever tipped you was (a) pretty cheap and (b) probably a bad shot.  He could easily have tipped the wrong person or maybe even some object nearby.  Or maybe he just said he was sending you a tip and sort of forgot to do it.

BTW, back in my dancing days, the club owner got ticked if anyone tipped dancers directly instead of using the club's tip jars.  Management expects to get their 20% cut.  If whoever tipped you followed the rules, maybe the tip is in the club's tip jar.  You might ask the owner.

• Like 1

ZZNavi23 wrote:

[ .... ] the tip went to the tip jar called **bleep** jar witch was sopose to come to me the other dancer recieved her tip of 50 linden i just didn't. i told the club owner and she doesn't have the linden it was subtracted from her account. that is who arianna is the owner. 

Ah, I see.  The way those tip jars work you get a message from the jar that says "Arianna Drag tipped you 50 L$", but what really happened was that someone tipped the jar L$60 and the jar split the tip.  The message is a little misleading, because it doesn't tell you who really gave you the tip.  You have to look at the hover text over the jar or over your pole to tell that.  That used to confuse new dancers all the time when I was dancing.

Anyway, if the tip jar's script was messed up or you weren't logged in to it correctly, who knows where your L$50 went?  Just be glad it was only L$50.  Ask the owner politely to test the tip jar before you dance next time.