Hi, I'd like to know how my land parcel was sell for a 1L to LanDumpService?

PervertCarlos

Question

PervertCarlos wrote:

I real don't know what happen! anyone can say something??? Who i must talk ???

And i rebuy by 382, ok great business for SL, that's why u loose people every month with a service like that. good robber

I take it you were trying to transfer a piece of land from one account you control to another one by selling it for a very low price. There are scripted "landbots" that automatically buy land below a certain price and they can do it instantly. To avoid this when you set the land for sale you can change the option that defaults to "Sell to anybody" so the lot can only be sold to a specific person that you name.

You can try contacting the owner of the landbot to try and get your money back because this sale was accidental. Often they'll refund the money.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

PervertCarlos wrote:

I real don't know what happen! anyone can say something??? Who i must talk ???

And i rebuy by 382, ok great business for SL, that's why u loose people every month with a service like that. good robber

I take it you were trying to transfer a piece of land from one account you control to another one by selling it for a very low price. There are scripted "landbots" that automatically buy land below a certain price and they can do it instantly. To avoid this when you set the land for sale you can change the option that defaults to "Sell to anybody" so the lot can only be sold to a specific person that you name.

You can try contacting the owner of the landbot to try and get your money back because this sale was accidental. Often they'll refund the money.

• Like 2

If you set your land for sale very cheaply, AND set it to sell to "anyone", a landbot (an avatar run by a search program) can show up in seconds to buy it.  This is actually a good thing, because it provides a way for people to unload their land quickly without simply abandoning it.  But every now and then, someone who is not careful to either 1) set the land for sale at a fair, but not rock bottom price, or 2) set it to sell to a specifically named buyer, will get caught by this.

The only thing you can do is contact the owner of the landbot (most likely the person who has it listed for sale now) and politely ask them to return the land.  Be aware that they do not have to do this!  You set the land for sale, they bought it, it's all perfectly legal.

• Like 1