Full Island Sim Grandfathered Tier

I'm assuming this is a "full transfer" transaction?

If so, you (should) know that in that instance "grandfathered" doesn't mean squat as the "grandfathered" rate stays with the region only for the life of the region or until it is transferred or converted.

ETA: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.9

"Anshe Chung sims", just like any other, if transferred to another owner lose their "grandfathered" status and lower tier rate.

ETA: Or can you not read? From the link I posted:

Grandfathered pricing

Some older regions have "grandfathered" or discounted pricing on their monthly maintenance fees.  In February 2010, it was announced that these grandfathered maintenance fees would no longer be offered and that changing ownership or converting a grandfathered region would change its maintenance fee to the current monthly rate for its region type.

We are unable to swap the price of a current grandfathered region with a non-grandfathered region. Grandfathered pricing stays with the region for the life of the region or until it is transferred or converted.

If a grandfathered region is abandoned and subsequently reactivated, its maintenance fee is updated to the current monthly rate for its region type.

If it's an Anshe Chung sim, how do you own it? I don't quite understand that part. Could you clarify that for me. I suppose what I am trying to understand is whether or not you "rent" if from Anshe Chung, or if you outright own it and pay the tier to linden lab. If it's the latter, then Anshe Chung doesn't own it. If you pay someone else, then you don't own it(and therefore, can't sell it). I think I may just be confused, lol.

But I do know what was pointed out to you still applies. If Anshe Chung is selling a grandfathered sim she owns, just as if ANYONE is selling a sim they own, the grandfathered payments go away and the current land fees apply. That is for ALL sims, not just mianland. Linden lab technically "owns" all land in sl, as in all land is paid for by someone and the end receiver of the money is, the lab. So that is a "law" that applies to all land sales. Private estates included.

I am sure even Anshe Chung herself would, and could, tell you this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct. If ANY "Grandfathered" sim is sold on then that region loses its status as such.

If any homestead region was, or is "grandfathered" it then loses it status if SOLD. However if you are renting, which sounds like this is the case in question here, then any regions that have the "grandfathered" status will, or rather should stay intact, as the actual owner is still in possession of the Region(s) in question.

See below for details

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Homestead-Regions/ta-p/846139#Section_.2.4

Grandfathered pricing

Some older regions have "grandfathered" or discounted pricing on their monthly maintenance fees. In February 2010, it was announced that these grandfathered maintenance fees would no longer be offered. Changing ownership or converting a grandfathered region now changes its maintenance fee to the current monthly rate for its region type.

We are unable to swap the price of a current grandfathered region with a non-grandfathered region. Grandfathered pricing stays with the region for the life of the region, or until the region is transferred or converted.

If a grandfathered region is abandoned and subsequently reactivated, its maintenance fee is updated to the current monthly rate for its region type.

So Dragger Lok, as it's been pointed out to you by others, you are in fact incorrect in your assumption.