Profile picture and picks

Jazleen Raynier

I've tried to change my photo in my profile, doing it the way I've always known, click on the profile picture and choosing from my inventory. But this doesn't seem to stick. When I log back in the old picture is back in its place.

Same with the profile picks, I've written one but when I log out and back in it will be gone as well. I noticed something a bit odd - you know in the picks that you get a little square to put a title in, yet I've not been able to write anything here either.

Has changing your profile pictures changed in any way - and if so, please can someone tell me.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Just to be clear, you can use EITHER web profile or inworld profile to change your photo. For picks you need to be sure and save save pick if it is new and of course that "OK" button is very important.

For profile photos, now that there are two viewers with different ratios for the profile area you have to decide whether you want to go square or rectangular. The photos can not look correct in BOTH formats. I have been known to split the difference at times. For rectangular a 400 x 300 resized to 256 x 256 and sharpened a bit work well. Square of course is 256 x256 for fast loading.  512s will work but take longer and you should NEVER use a 1024 for a profile photo as it may never load for some folks.

That's what I know.

LOL not as daft an idea as you'd think. I take medication that gives me short term memory loss,  However, I hold my hands up and say I did hit the OK button. Or did I? mmmm anyway the only way I managed to change the picture was by reverting back to the official Second Life server, I took pics to my computer and then ta da the photo worked. 

I still however cannot make my picks stick. I use Firestorm and that doesn't work, I will also revert back to the SL server and that doesn't work either. Got so stressed out about it I started praying to a deity who likes to fornicate in her skills. So now I'm just not going to bother then maybe one day when SL isn't expecting me I shall slam dunk a pick and it will stick.