How can I section off part of group land for public access?

GhostImage Mondrian

Question

You will need to slice off a bit of land from the controlling Land Group, deed it to a Land Group of its own and make sure that the Everyone Role has the access you want the general public to have.

You should use the Build Tools -  Edit Terrain option to draw the boundary of the parcel to be subdivided from the main parcel.

Be sure to set the new parcel's options to allow interaction and sound and visual exchange between the parcels. 

All the other steps I'm sure you already know.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

You will need to slice off a bit of land from the controlling Land Group, deed it to a Land Group of its own and make sure that the Everyone Role has the access you want the general public to have.

You should use the Build Tools -  Edit Terrain option to draw the boundary of the parcel to be subdivided from the main parcel.

Be sure to set the new parcel's options to allow interaction and sound and visual exchange between the parcels. 

All the other steps I'm sure you already know.

• Like 1

Parcel off the land you want to open to the public.  The same group can own both parcels and share prims.  Just set one parcel to allow the public and the other one to group only.  Set the options to allow public rezzing or group only as you prefer.  I'd set a landing point for the parcel too if you are going to put it in search.

• Like 3