simulate a key press

Lolita Erin

hello i hope somebody can help me, i cant find how to do it if is posible,

i have on my script a control event, where i change the vehicle speed. all the code is there and work fine, is there a way i can send a code from a linked prim, that emulate for example the pgup key ? i this way the control event use necesary code to work on the vehicle?

thanks

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying.  How were you planning to trigger the speed change from the linked prim?  Can't you just use the PgUP or PgDn keys to change speed?

control (key id, integer level, integer edge){    if (level & edge & CONTROL_UP)    {        Speed *=1.5;    }    if ( level & edge & CONTROL_DOWN)    {        Speed /= 1.5;    }}

Ah, I see.  I was assuming that you will be in mouselook while you are controlling your object.  If so, you can't click on a prim to trigger a dialog.  That was my source of confusion.  If you're not going to be in mouselook, that's not an issue.  Therefore, you don't need to simulate the PgUp key at all.

touch_start(integer num){    llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), "Increase or decrease speed.",["Faster", "Slower"],gChan); }listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string msg){    if (msg == "Faster")    {        Speed *= 1.5;    }    else if (msg == "Slower")    {        Speed /= 1.5;    }    llDialog(llGetOwnerKey(id), "Increase or decrease speed.",["Faster", Slower],gChan);  //Show dialog again}

Thanks so much for you help, but i not explaining my self ( my english is not very good lol)

in my code i have 

control event i have many code for the key is press, like sounds, thtrotle number, hud info, etc. i dont like to duplicate that code in a listen event or other event, that is why i like to send some code like: "control ( CONTROL_UP )" to be able to use all my code in the control event

i hope i explain my self 

and thank you so much for you time

you cant directly simulate a keypress in LSL like you can in other languages, so that it fires as a event

+

one way you can do what you want is to put everything currently in the control event in a seperate own function. Example:

myowncontrol(integer level, integer edge){   // ... copypasta all from control event}default(){  control(key id, integer level, integer edge)  {       myowncontrol(level, edge);  }}

+

now can pass key controls constants to myowncontrol(level, edge) from other parts of your script and/or scripts. dialog or linkmessage or listen as you like