avitar shows me as busy away and muted I have uninstalled and done a clean install but to no abail

Cassie42

Question

Sorry if it sounds obvious, but did you go to Me -> preferences -> General  set away timeout to never ?

As a sidenote, does this happen if you switch to Firestorm? Maybe you can give it a try. In Firestorm it will be: Communicate > Online Status > Away or Unavailable. Uncheck that, log out Firestorm and log back to the SL viewer. It's just a guess to say the truth. I don't know if your status will be saved from one viewer to another... 

4 answers to this question

Sorry if it sounds obvious, but did you go to Me -> preferences -> General  set away timeout to never ?

As a sidenote, does this happen if you switch to Firestorm? Maybe you can give it a try. In Firestorm it will be: Communicate > Online Status > Away or Unavailable. Uncheck that, log out Firestorm and log back to the SL viewer. It's just a guess to say the truth. I don't know if your status will be saved from one viewer to another... 

Maybe someone is playing a joke on you. See if you have an attachment that is putting that message above your head. Right click on yourself and select edit outfit and then click on Attachments to see a list. Hopefully you can tell from the names of things what should be there and what shouldn't.

If you are SURE you have canceled the Away and Unavailable modes, you might want to try reinstalling your viewer.  Here is the procedure for doing a "clean install." http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

If that does not help, file a Support Case using the Help/Support link at the top of this page.  Or if you are a Premium member, try using Live Chat.