Jesus Christ ! Makes no sense!

So here I am trying Second life out and it MAKES NO sense that the left and right mouse scroll are A' backwards from every other MMO out there!  Why would I want to scroll my mouse left to look right?  Why would I want to scroll my mouse right to look left .  God this makes so so flipping annoyed !  Why the hell for such a popular "game" do the programmers do something so asinine!

Jesus Christ

happyskunky wrote:

So here I am trying Second life out and it MAKES NO sense that the left and right mouse scroll are A' backwards from every other MMO out there!  Why would I want to scroll my mouse left to look right?  Why would I want to scroll my mouse right to look left .  God this makes so so flipping annoyed !  Why the hell for such a popular "game" do the programmers do something so asinine!

Jesus Christ

I would have thought the stigmata would make it hard to use a mouse no matter how the buttons were mapped.

happyskunky wrote:

Jesus Christ

Erm? Game? MMO?

Whats that?

Where?

If you referring to secondlife.com, well that's deffinitely NOT a game, neither a MMO (Massively multiplayer online game)

Its  a virtual world. Or lets say better a 3D Canvas, or.. anything else except a MMO or a game.

Secondlife is a world where we all live in.

I prefer to call it a 3D Chat Room.

happyskunky wrote:

well either way whatever it is I will never give them a flipping dime over this asinine mouse scroll decision in programming.  They lost my business at first contact

Can I have your stuff?

But, why not just flick the option in preferences for "invert mouse?"

Shaun Boyd wrote:

But, why not just flick the option in preferences for "invert mouse?"

In debug settings there is an explanation what "InvertMouse" does:

When set to TRUE:

When in mouselook, moving mouse up looks down and vice versa.

When set to FALSE:

When in mouselook, moving mouse up looks up and vice versa.

The setting has no effect on horizontal direction (left / right).

KennyChidorie wrote:

Omga. Sure, SL don't have super mega graphic, but who knows what LL can do in the near future.

KennyChidorie wrote:

Omga. Sure, SL don't have super mega graphic, but who knows what LL can do in the near future.

Reduce lag?

Communicate with users more?

Return to non-Resident naming?

Diversify their product range successfully?

Get SL V2 to the market?

Nah, just empty promises.