Detecting LL avatar health in a script

kayla Mekanic

Is it possible for a script to detect an avatar's health in an SL combat zone? I'm trying to make a script that makes my avatar make injured sounds whenever its health is decreased. Then when the avatar dies, it should play a death animation just beforI it teleports home. Is this possible to script? I'd love for it to work with the LL damage system, but if there's a way to imitate it, that works too :)

There's no way I know of to detect avatar health by script, at least not in the official viewer.     You wouldn't even be able to have weapons tell a script how much damage they are inflicting, since if an object is set to deliver damage, that's all it does, and then it dies.  There's no collision event.

I think you would be much better off working with one of the many user-created combat systems, which have developed to overcome the deficiencies in the LL Combat  System.,    You might also want to take a look at the new experience tools, which will, once they are available over the whole grid, probably have a big effect on how combat systems are made  I have in mind the key-value pairs  ("experience persistent storage") functionality in particular.