Help please, I cannot rezz properly

Flutterby Haystack

Hello, I have been using SL for some time. Suddenly, when I log in, my avatar appears as a puff of smoke and remains that way. Other people can apparently see me OK, its just on my own monitor that I do not rezz. I have tried clearing cache, no better.

I have allowed plenty of time to download clothing etc. I have not changed or modified my pc or graphics card. My Internet connection seems OK.

I have an alter ego in SL who can still log in and rezzes normally.

help & advice please ?

Thanks

FH

Flutterby Haystack wrote:

Hello, I have been using SL for some time. Suddenly, when I log in, my avatar appears as a puff of smoke and remains that way. Other people can apparently see me OK, its just on my own monitor that I do not rezz. I have tried clearing cache, no better.

I have allowed plenty of time to download clothing etc. I have not changed or modified my pc or graphics card. My Internet connection seems OK.

I have an alter ego in SL who can still log in and rezzes normally.

help & advice please ?

Thanks

FH

*edited for solicitation*

Flutterby Haystack wrote:

Hello again & many thanks.

The Rebake option has worked OK. I find I have a new item of clothing (worn) called RuthHairFix. I think my bald base hair might have been missing ?

I will know more next time I log in.

FH

I'm glad you got it fixed, Flutterby!  Those bald caps are one of the things, I find, that cause the cloud syndrome most often.  If it ever happens again and a rebake doesn't help, put on a different bald cap.  Once you rez, you can put the old one back on again.

• 10 months later...

the adice to go to advance menu, then debug settings, then type in renderunloadedavatar is the correct proceedure. and in fact works instantly. rebakje isnt actually for this at all. though taking things off MAY work if indeed an item has corrupt data. or such.

also, once you type renderunloadedavatar in, rtemember to clik on "ture"

The problem with rendering the unloaded avatar is that it renders the "unloaded" avatar, so what you see isn't right, because it's not been (fully) loaded.

A couple of days ago, I had almost the same problem over two days. The difference was that other people also saw me as a cloud. I did all the obvious things like rebaking, Test Male, etc., but nothing worked. It was only when I right clicked on an outfit folder and clicked Replace Outfit that I rezzed. Before that I'd deleted the phil_deakins folder from my computer but I don't know if that was necessary. What I do know is that dragging the outfit folder onto me - my usual way of changing outfits - didn't work.

garaouelle Giha wrote:

the adice to go to advance menu, then debug settings, then type in renderunloadedavatar is the correct proceedure. and in fact works instantly. rebakje isnt actually for this at all. though taking things off MAY work if indeed an item has corrupt data. or such.

also, once you type renderunloadedavatar in, rtemember to clik on "ture"

FYI:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail

"NOTE: the RenderUnloadedAvatar debug setting is at best a band-aid solution; it will force your viewer to render an avatar using incomplete, possibly incorrect information, and works only for your viewer, not others. (Think about the name of the setting: render unloaded avatar. Meaning… draw the avatar even though it is not yet fully loaded by the viewer. So… it will be shown, partially, maybe nearly completely. Maybe not. Thus it is a “band aid” solution, not a fix.)

So in order to ensure that your avatar is really fixed please ensure that you have this disabled. Open the Advanced Menu (Ctrl-Alt-D if it not visible) and select Debug Settings. Type in RenderUnloadedAvatar and set to FALSE."