Creating mesh heads! wearable mesh generator ? Help agains copy!

Carolina Ashmoot

Hello everyone, I need someone to help me with this, I'm starting a hudge mesh heads project, and I need some help. I'm going to make a hud for my heads so I need to cut the heads into pices, like brows, hairbase,mouth... to change the textures (the problem is really not about to model the head, I'm ok with this). I noticed that when the head is cutted in pices, the bopyboters have too much work and they simply give up on copying the head. BUT! I also noticed that the heads or bodies that are cutted, also have balls or boxes inside the mesh or over the avatar's head. I was searching about thar horrible race ( copyboters) and I found a gyazo of a completly broken mesh head from a great store ( they were saying that they cant join because the parts are all messed) and over the head there was a box. I thought that it can be possibly a mesh generator just like houses creators does. So basically the other head creators do it  all cutted, the parts are rigged, they dont seem to be joined, it looks like a mess on blender, and its perfect on second life, what could it be? can I pay someone to do this for me?

A friend of mine also said that blender cannot rigg many parts together so would this be the key? if I rigg the head in other program that allows me to rigg more parts so it looks messed when someone imports it into blender? am I missing a secret group of builders that knows how to protect mesh heads and bodies? I need to protect my store, and my clients, please help!

If you want some help with rigging multiple piece mesh, in maya I use as lil more help ngskin tool that you can see here. It should really give you some help for pieces like eyebrows or other parts that must stay close to the face when rigged. After all this would not be different from rigging lower body made of pants and boots where the pants don't go fully inside of the boot but just on their edges more and less. For a more much more precise job, if  by cutting edge in more piece you mean splitting your face in upper and lower part like mouth and the other nose and eyes and brow then It's not difficult either. do you know the sl avatar in 3 pieces? if you see those parts where the upper body for instance meets the lower body there are vertices say like snapped at same place in space and that also have same weight. This is how a mesh split in 3 part can look like one once rigged: snap vertices and give them the same weight right where are the seams. This can be done by any program you have .

About the reason that moves you to do all this it's a bit weak point of view: the only way to keep your product safe is to keep making stuff, innovation. What in second life is named copybot in other online games takes the name of save game editors. Its full out there of such programs and many of them perfectly licit to be sold too. many people use them to transfer character or for development purpose (there is also an underground business for that look at all the skirim stuff). Do you think that if any of those person with those skills got your mesh would have mercy of you? If you go out for a walk, can you walk with the fear that a brick could fall on your head and rip your brain a part? Live today, cause you don't know what is tomorrow or if there is a tomorrow.

Personally I made a mesh work for someone, it was a very complex structure, something like you say that should discourage them. Months later I discover that to use an euphemism they have improperly made a back up of it. Now you can see the reason what I told you the only way to be safe is innovation, keep making new things.

*coughs* anyway if you like the job to be automated and not so friendly with longer steps, there is blender plugin that does it at least I read it should help for that automating some steps*coughs*

• 2 weeks later...

some little help from blender community to make simplier editing vertex normals, if the classic standard ways built in blender won't work.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?259554

This simple scripts can copy the vertex normals from one object to another. As you can see in pictures showed in that forum it can help to fix some odd distortions.

http://blenderaddonlist.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/addon-transfer-vertex-normals.html