give me a hug

valerie Inshan wrote:

Dont you need a hug sometimes when you go to bed? Way way far from drama, just like your Mama did when you were young? I do. Come one, don't be cheapstake: give me a hug I can find when I wake up tomorrow....
:)

Every night I endevour to tuck my partner (of, oh hell, thirteen years now... I'm getting so old) into bed, hug him and give him a kiss on the lips before telling him that I wish he sleeps well and that I love him.  I've done this ever since we've lived together and, as robotic as it may sound, have always meant it from the bottom of my heart.

I simply don't get the opportunity to tuck everyone about whom I care into bed, therefore (do to my rather withdrawn nature), I'm rarely mindful of consistently reminding those individuals of how much I love and appreciate them.  You, on the other hand, are pretty constant in reminding people of how much you care.

If I'd have been in your presence last night, I'd have tucked you into bed, kissed you on the forehead, told you to sleep well and that I love you very much... and I'd have meant every word of it.  Please know that you have my adoration, have had it for years now, and aren't likely to lose it any time soon.

...Dres *big hugs*

Dres, these have to be the kindest, sweetest and most caring words I've been told in many, many years. The love and admiration is mutual and, yes, it has been for a long time now. All I can do is adding to what I wrote about you in the "Love Me Notes" contest some time ago: "Dark, Beautiful, Mysterious"... and a wonderful soul too. 

*hugs you back dearly*

Love you too. Val

LlazarusLlong wrote:

hog.jpg

Sorry I am bit slow in posting this; I have lost my glasses.

I think you deserve a special reply, Llazarus. I'm not sure you're roasted enough yet to be ready for a hug. I mean, with some people, I like hugs as crispy and spicy as possible. Get back on that grill and come back to me when you're done! :P

valerie Inshan wrote:

Dres, these have to be the kindest, sweetest and most caring words I've been told in many, many years.

Oh please... you're exaggerating.

valerie Inshan wrote:

All I can do is adding to what I wrote about you in the "Love Me Notes" contest some time ago: "Dark, Beautiful, Mysterious"... and a wonderful soul too.

I believe what you've referenced here is a poem which I'd written for a LL forum-based contest... one of which I was very proud... only because it seemed to be meaningful enough to enough people that I actually won (I was honestly shocked that I did... lol).  I don't remember you using those specific words at the time, but seeing them now honestly means the world to me.  I cannot thank you enough.

You are a beautifully wonderful person who will always have a place in my heart.

...Dres

Val, I come from a "no public displays of affection" kind of family. Hugging was something we rarely did. The only reason you find me hurling flaming hugs across SL is that I don't actually have to do it "for real" (though if I could safely set the two of us on fire in RL, I'd be tempted). I did like to nestle in Dad's lap when I was little, so he could do the voices for all three pigs and the wolf, but that quickly morphed into a much more devious way to display affection.

My childhood bedroom has a small door near the floor next to the bed, called the "Monster Door". It's made of cardboard (I've been meaning to replicate it in wood to make it a permanent part of the house) and opens to reveal barely an inch of space before a black backdrop. The monsters that haunted my room at night entered and exited through that door and nowhere else, and only in the dark. Mom and Dad taught me that monsters, like me, could be coaxed with treats. They weren't sure what kind of treats my monsters liked, so I was encouraged to experiment.

For years, as friends of mine grew ever more fearful of the dark, I carried on a "conversation" of sorts with my little monsters. I put raisins, nuts and candy in behind the little door and in exchange I'd get piles of lint, dust bunnies, rusty metal objects, toothpicks, balls of wire, half dead batteries and little light bulbs. I started making things with the gifts they gave me, and returned them to the door. They'd embellish my creations and send them back. And so it went, right through my college years. I might go months without checking the door, and it was clear the monsters were busy on the other side, but eventually they'd check and I would too.

After my divorce, I returned home. One day, I knelt down and checked the door and found a coming home present. The conversation started once again, and continued until my parents moved away to a nearby retirement community. Last summer, my ex-neighbor's son stayed with me while home from college... in my childhood bedroom. He's been home a couple times since to visit, and has discovered that there are monsters living on the other side of a little door near his bed. I don't think the monsters like the pizza crusts he's been leaving them, because they leave digusting things in return. Nevertheless, he keeps leaving pizza crusts.

Not every conversation is full of puppies and flowers, but a good conversation doesn't need those. The fun is in making something pleasant from whatever it is you're given. A little forum monster here recently thought my contributions here were worth as much as lint. That made me grin.

So, I'm giving you a pile of lint. It's the best I can do here...

Maddy

See what you can make of it.

;-).

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I believe what you've referenced here is a poem which I'd written for a LL forum-based contest... one of which I was very proud... only because it seemed to be meaningful enough to enough people that I actually won (I was honestly shocked that I did... lol).  I don't remember you using those specific words at the time, but seeing them now honestly means the world to me.  I cannot thank you enough.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Love-Me-Notes/c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y/cns-p/1363437#M172

:)