Punky Rock Style Wedding - HELP PLEASE!

Ok, so my partner and I will be getting married at some point soon and although we have looked around for venues, there doesn't seem to be any place that fits our style etc. I did think of setting the whole thing up myself but would rather one less thing to worry about. I don't know what it's like for anyone else in SL but I am actually marrying the man I want to spend the rest of my life with so everything needs to be perfect. He is also somewhat of a noob inworld and I'd like the event to show him exactly how amazing and exciting SL can be, particularly on the big day.

I may not be helping as I don't know how to describe the perfect venue, except that it can't be anything like Valentines Day spewed up on it. Nor anything too grand or as though it was done on a tight budget. Somewhere in between. Something relatively simple but enough to make it personal and special for not just us but our guests too.

Also, I am looking for someone to create my dress. I have the ideas already in place and would only need to send over photos. Payment of course. I may be able to wear anything from marketplace, but I would like to have something that nobody has ever worn before and if the creator agrees, be exclusive.

So the style? Well, basically, on the invitations (when they go out!) there will be a request for everyone to be wearing Converse style trainers, all colours. I will still look pretty in my dress but I will still have my fun side on show rather than being b*tch bride in heels. Lol. I hope that makes sense.

To be honest, I have seen wedding animations go wrong, lag cause chaos and the event becoming a frustrating one due to avoidable problems. I cannot stress enough how important this is to me and my partner. If there is anyone out there who can help, has experience anything, please get in touch with me inworld. Sorry to ramble! Thanks in advance!

It might help folks out a bit if you can give an idea of the kind of budget you have to work with. Some of the things you want may cost you a pretty penny, such as a custom dress(if it's mesh, and you want exclusivity, that's going to cost you a lot more).

Are you looking for a specific type venue which is already built?

Someone to build your venue on land you already have?

Ideas for the setting up of a blank canvas venue which you intend to rent? (ie, ideas for decor, props, etc..)

Are you looking for animations, or things with animations already in them?

There's probably a million other questions I could ask, lol. I know you described a punk rock sort of wedding, and I can somewhat envision something like that, but others may need a bit more clarity on what you're looking for. If it's merely ideas for things you could use, buy, rent, etc... that's not nearly as hard as finding someone to build from scratch, create a venue from a blank canvas, or custom build/create the things you're looking for. The former will likely cost you a lot less too. But, it depends on what it is you want. So, if you could get a bit more specifc, I bet people here can point you in the right direction :)

Greetings Rebelldol,

Ms. Tara has alot of good questions and valid points to consider......

I was just thinking that you may want to visit or find a sim that looks the way you have in mind.....then contact the sim/land owner and ask if you could hold your wedding there. Have your date and time in mind when you speak to them.....and also have an amount of lindens you are willing to offer them for the favor or being able to have your special day on their land that you like so much.

Just a thought

Kind Regards,

Josephine