how do I get the things that I buy for my home inside my home

88charmed

Question

Hello Charmed. :)

You put the things you buy simply by dropping them from your inventory onto the ground of your home. In Second Life, this is called "rezzing" objects. Once they are in your place, you can easily move them to the place you feel is best by simply right-clicking on the object, choose "edit" and use the directional arrows (yellow, red, green and blue). In edit mode, you can also rotate or resize them if the items are modifiable. 

You may sometimes - well, often - buy objects that appear as a box with a picture of the product on it,  as in, "I bought a sofa but all I got was a picture of a sofa on a box?"

Don't worry! This is normal. Second Life items are typically sold in simple containers that require you to "open" them to get the contents. For example, if you purchase clothing that comes in a box, you must extract the clothing objects from the box container, then transfer them to your inventory so you can wear them. 

Don't wear the box. Remember, you have to open the box and use its contents. If you accidentally wear the box and it's attached to your avatar, simply right-click the box and choose Detach

Read this for more details: 

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

ETA: This video is rather old, but it demonstrates pretty well what is "rezzing objects":

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Hello Charmed. :)

You put the things you buy simply by dropping them from your inventory onto the ground of your home. In Second Life, this is called "rezzing" objects. Once they are in your place, you can easily move them to the place you feel is best by simply right-clicking on the object, choose "edit" and use the directional arrows (yellow, red, green and blue). In edit mode, you can also rotate or resize them if the items are modifiable. 

You may sometimes - well, often - buy objects that appear as a box with a picture of the product on it,  as in, "I bought a sofa but all I got was a picture of a sofa on a box?"

Don't worry! This is normal. Second Life items are typically sold in simple containers that require you to "open" them to get the contents. For example, if you purchase clothing that comes in a box, you must extract the clothing objects from the box container, then transfer them to your inventory so you can wear them. 

Don't wear the box. Remember, you have to open the box and use its contents. If you accidentally wear the box and it's attached to your avatar, simply right-click the box and choose Detach

Read this for more details: 

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

ETA: This video is rather old, but it demonstrates pretty well what is "rezzing objects":

• Like 2

You may find that it's hard (or impossible) to rez objects inside some mesh houses.  It's a known problem, and an annoying one.  One way around it is to create a false floor in your house and rez things on it.  To do that, rez a cube prim outside, and drag it into the house.  Then flatten it and stretch it to fit in your room, and make it transparent (or maybe texture it as a carpet).  If that works, you'll have a prim surface to rez things on instead of the house's mesh floor.  I have had to do that many times.

Another solution, of course, is to rez any furnishings outside and then drag them in.

• Like 2