Blooberry Estates SIM is gone.. WTF?

ZigZag666 Nosferatu

Question

your best bet is to file a ticket to see if LL can recover your rezzed items.

as for the rest, this is an unfortunate consequence of dealing with non-LL owed regions.... if they decide to pull their region, stop paying for it, sell it, or even have it removed because their accounts have been banned, the only people who might get any warning are the actual owners of the region, and LL generally will not get involved unless there has been repeated abuse by the same people amounting to $L fraud.

9 answers to this question

your best bet is to file a ticket to see if LL can recover your rezzed items.

as for the rest, this is an unfortunate consequence of dealing with non-LL owed regions.... if they decide to pull their region, stop paying for it, sell it, or even have it removed because their accounts have been banned, the only people who might get any warning are the actual owners of the region, and LL generally will not get involved unless there has been repeated abuse by the same people amounting to $L fraud.

ZigZag666 Nosferatu wrote:

I rented some property from Blooberry estates about 3 days back, then a day into using the land the sim turned red and everyone on it got ejected.  for a day the sim was red and noone could teleport to their property, now the sim is entirely gone.  We have all tried contacting the owner of the sim to address the issue but noone has got a response from the owner.

Everything i had built, by hand , sculptys and prims which turned out pretty **bleep** good, is gone.. It would be nice if we had had some warning that the sim was going down or being deleted from the GRID, but noone was told about anything and now not only did we all lose our hard work but we all feel robbed since those lindens were real money that was put into the land rental..

If there is anything Linden Labs or Second Life can do to address this issue or atleast let us residents know what exactly is happening with Blooberry Estates, please let us know.  Lots of pissed off people in the group who feel robbed and betrayed.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I doubt anything will be done. If sounds like the sim was taken offline due to non-payment. Unless the sim/estate renter(owner) pays the arrears, nothing will be done to return anyone's items.

I shared a sim with someone for over 3 years and they were the estate owner. They high-tailed it, I got screwed. Despite filing a ticket, almost a year later, nada, and nothing will ever be done unless the arrears are paid. All the no copy items are gone, over 50kL worth.

I truly hope you get better results...Good Luck.

well you've just discovered one of the pitfalls of renting from a private estate the sim owner doesn't have to give you any warning that their getting rid of the sim you loose a whole load of rezzed stuff and money. if the sim still existed a sim rollback could be possible. as for LL telling renters what has happened to an estate it's not their problem if someone wants to spend a grand buying a private sim from LL then pay 300 a month tier they can do what they like with the land 

Unfortunately that is one of the pitfalls for renting from a private Sims. Not all the owners will notify you if the sim is going offline. That is why it is advisable to not put anything down on a private estate that is no copy you should always put things down that are copy or put something down and take it right back into your inventory when finished. I know its a lot of time wasted to do that with no copy items but not everyone is reputable.

• Like 1