need help please

drdrakeramoray

Question

5 answers to this question

First off, you don`t want the Beta grid, set your login to Secondlife.

Phoenix isn`t suitable for everyone, but all viewers have problems for different people, so you will find one that you like the best eventually.

The cloud just means that your avatar hasn`t downloaded & that can happen on any viewer, to start with I would recommend you try the official LL viewer https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US and see if your avatar loads on that one.

If it doesn`t, post back here by commenting on your original post and we can suggest a few things for you to try.

Ok, first off, it may be that your system cannot handle Second Life at your current settings. Open your viewer and go to Me at the top left of the screen. Choose Preferences then Graphics. See the slider thing? Set it to Low. That should enable your system to handle Second Life better, as you get used to the game, you may want to experiment with the settings to see which work best for you. For now, start with the Lowest Setting.

Ok, now, there should be and Advanced and Develop Menu next to your Help menu a couple options to the right of Me. If not, press CTRL ALT D for the Advanced Menu and CTRL ALT Q for the Develop Menu. In the middle of the Develop Menu you will see Avatar with a white triangle/arrow, hover your mouse over that and choose Character Test and then choose Test Male or Test Female depending on which Gender your Avatar is. This should cause you to be a default avatar so if you had, like, any skins shapes clothes hair attachments excetera, you will need to replace them, but hopefully you wont be a cloud anymore.