What are your SLM sales like when compared to XSTREET?

Hey there, this thread was created so merchants on SLMarketplace can inform other merchants of how their sales are NOW in comparison to how they were when SLX was up and running. Whether its better or worse now doesn't matter, all that matters is your imput on the matter. Feel free free to use percentages or if you desire, you may use actual daily profit figures and the number of units sold each day on both marketplaces. This thread is intended to shed some light on the performance of SLM with the use of REAL data from actual merchants.

Well..I suppose that not many ready to reveal their "business-secrets" but at least for me has seemed that new marketplace sucks inworld malls empty. And anyway cant say that it would be worse than xstreet but lot better. At least not anymore complaining about new marketplace so maybe also that is proof of it. Seen also quite a lot malls quitting but so it has been always if they cant make things running. Anyway not good for community and sl life itself if places getting deserted.

My sales have gone up in general, but some of that is probably to be expected over the course of a year in operation. And possibly more people buying during the "school" year rather than the summer, as I understand there's a drop in the summer. The percentages have actually remained about the same, though, online versus in-world (about 42% SLM at last check and 30%-something at the main store).

I haven't done the math in a few months but if I had to make an educated guess....I'd say they are about half of what they used to be over in XStreet...and I had few products back then. I attribute this to the search mainly. Back on Xstreet...I didn't have to "fool" with keywords. I just put my title in as what it ACTUALLY was, put in the description that described the product and voila. I was found easily. Now with the new listings, I have to practically spend hours on a listing, tweaking the keywords, features, titles, etc and still can't find my stuff. And search for exact names of my very own products, I still can't get a first page listing over others that in some cases don't contain ANY of the keywords I search for in their title, features or keywords.

In world sales - gone way up over last year, which has helped to make up for it!

My sales went up for low cost items on SLM.. I had better results with my high priced items on SLX.. So i would say I did earn more with SLX then with SLM. But its fun to see that my little items have some sales here at SLM.. lol.

The overall earning is ok but I think the search on SLM is crazy bugged.. so it could be better. I still dont understand how SLM is sorting relevance of items.. I see often scary results in SLM search and I think its not correct.