Cannot bake my barbecue meats. I bought this 10 l$ set and am standing in front of a campus fire..

hallebarde

Question

hallebarde wrote:

...very hungry.  Must I be in a rez aerea and own a barbecue grill too?

Tks everybody...

With Second Life, there are very few "universal qualities" - everything was custom made by an individual creator and most things work differently. For instance, there's no way for your "meats" to recognize the campfire is a "fire" because there isn't a a "fire" system hard-coded into SL. If the meats are wearable, you can stand in front of the fire and imagine they're cooking, but if there's a specific thing they're supposed to do you'll need something compatible, probably by the same creator.

3 answers to this question

hallebarde wrote:

...very hungry.  Must I be in a rez aerea and own a barbecue grill too?

Tks everybody...

With Second Life, there are very few "universal qualities" - everything was custom made by an individual creator and most things work differently. For instance, there's no way for your "meats" to recognize the campfire is a "fire" because there isn't a a "fire" system hard-coded into SL. If the meats are wearable, you can stand in front of the fire and imagine they're cooking, but if there's a specific thing they're supposed to do you'll need something compatible, probably by the same creator.

Chances are pretty good that if your meats only cost you L$10 (roughly 4 cents US), they are purely decorative, not intended to do anything but sit there and look like meat.  The ad copy wherever you bought them probably says something about what they are capable of doing, if they do anything at all.  If they don't do something as advertized, you'll have to contact the creator to figure out why.

• Like 1