I have been stalked for more than 9 months

Nevenca

Last week I noticed a guy bumping my security at home over and over while I was there, got tired of the popups and banned him, little more than 30 min later I am at work (School for prim babies) and I be D*** if he didn't go there too, Then I think I remember his name from my security orb, clreared the ban list after we moved, wasn't the same last name but I check the name with my chatlogs going back to January 3'th 2015 and he was there on the 8'th. I have moved 3 times changed work. Just for the "fun" of it I check the two others with the same first name and I almost fell off my chair all 3 been at the first, second and 3 place ... I start see more people that day some bumping my security and some just land on the sim one after another they have all been to my 3 homes and 2 work places. Suddenly I am up on 10 B's and I see a pattern they are all made with about a day apart but almost 3 times as old in SL as me .. I AM NOT THE FIRST HE*S DONE THIS TOO!!! ... Suddenly it's R's hitting my orb or "just" landing on the sim I check them Yeah they fit the form! Now 6 / 7 days later I have MORE than 25 AV names, I sill have a few days without a profile = Some I haven't spotted yet. Friday 20 minutes after I reported the first 14 names I found, cleaned my profile for everything with a sim name on, moved my pick's to info hubs and so on, one of the found names followed me to a place I had never been before, I had talked with a friend who said she was being followed via an item in her inventory and I was like yeah right !! But turned out I was too. Rushed home went through all my folders only very few gifts in there, one seemed VERY likely to the THE item, less than a minute after I emptied my trash someone lands on my empty sim, I check the name with my chat log, yeah the name goes from January and to September and this one said hello to me at a place I was at for the first and only time. No doubt he knows I KNOW, I thought his visits was decreesing but no and that's why I am up over 25 names now. Like I said I did report him to LL, but we all know that they aint gonna so anything ... Cause he's just there and said hello once. How long you all think he's gonna stick to this non contact? looking at my chat log it's clear he made sure I didn't see him till now and I only saw because he wanted me too. I am not dumb enough to IM him and yet I am stupid enough to write here, but I am hoping that this is the one extra stalker post that makes LL start investigate when we AR stalkers ... They got all the names and mine and if I blond female can figure all this out in just 6 - 7 days a clever Linden must be able to do MUCH MUCH more. Hey he can stay in SL for all I care, but LL make me a counter gizmo for my inventory that keeps this creep at least 100 sims away, PUSH HIM if I move for once, if you like, make him see the text *YOU ARE BEING MOVED AS ONE YOU HAVE STALKED NEEDS MORE SPACE* or something.

Don't give me crap advice about moving (I will when I am 5000% sure he can't track me anymore), start over and what else I've seen in other of these posts about stalkers ... We haven't done anything wrong other than been seen by the wrong person. I'd much rather you help us lean on LL to do what they say they will in TOS .. Make sure SL is a nice safe place to be.

Objects in inventory are inactive, there is NOTHING sitting in inventory that tracks anyone.

Action to take: Mute and derender. Now you won't see or hear them.

That was easy now wasn't it?

(You've really got to start putting on your big girls pants because whining to LL won't get any result, having some impression of them acting as protector for you won't get anywhere. It's a virtual world, not much is going to happen now is it?

Time to stop role playing a victim.

Ok for starters and assuming they are not using a hack viewer the only way you can be tracked in sl is if you are wearing an item with a tracking script in it. Two someone has map rights on you and they are logging a different av to grief you and getting a good laugh at the fact that you are clearly freaking out about it. If it were me I would toss up the ban lines on my land and set my orb and add the names to the ban list. Go about the rest of my day not even stressing this. They can only lick the pixel glass window for so long before they get bored and leave. Best advice I can give ya. lol :)

I don't know why you're ARing all these people but it's unlikely to be effective since there's nothing against simply moving around. My experience suggests that LL will not act on this issue for you, because it's likely caused by your perception.

Seems like these security orbs and weird privacy expectations just piles on worries rather than providing peace of mind.  I would recommend disabling notifactions from the orb (in addition to blocking and muting as already suggested) and just going about your day.

Remember that you are in a participatory virtual world and that not everyone is a prim baby, some of us are other humans just movin' around doing our thing. Not everyone as is sensitive to this issue as you appear to be.

You mention names beginning with R and S and others that have the same first name. It's possible you're seeing some of a large number of bots that were created in 2009 but didn't start showing up until the last year or so. So far I've spotted 2 - 7 different ones for each first name. The first names I know of are Brenden, Heaven, Natalia, Riley, and Selena. If these match up with what you're seeing, it's just bots and not stalkers.

If not ... ban lines or security orbs are about all you can do.

"I check the name with my chat log, yeah the name goes from January and to September and this one said hello to me at a place I was at for the first and only time."

Oh, you poor thing! That is terrible! I am sure LL will give him a restraining order and sentence him to stand in a corner of Ahern for 18 months. Contact womanspace.org immediately.

:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

It's sad to see so many sarcastic little snots.  Isn't it nice to be able to hide behind your computers and behave the way you do towards your fellow man?

And by the way, there are url's which are capable of tracking avatars.  Research before you dole out your mindless and judgemental drivel.

Nope no sarcasm from me.  Stopping role playing a victim is sound advice.  It's an online GAME!!!  Stalking in RL is a problem, being followed around a virtual platform when you have mute and de-render?  not even going to come close to being a problem

Systems that use URL's need media on... unless you'd care to document or otherwise reference these magic URL's that exist that do this for people?

A URL on its own does not by itself track anything, it's a text string.