Is it better to be a girl or a guy in SL :)

So um hey peeps :))

To be a devil's advocate to a previous topic of "Why guys in SL play as a girl" here's a I bet along "beat up" question: Is it better in SL to be a guy or a girl??

Here're my points:

1. It seems like girls get away with more stuff and get more attention

2. It seems like most of girls if not Bi are Lez :) so it's easier for a girl to find a partner?

3. Girls have way way more cute clothing options :)

4. Take me for example: evenm though i'm Charming, Outgoing and Well Spoken, (oh and very modest!) i'm not very good looking :) So my chances of finding that perfect someone are..meh low :)

This topic isn't started to raise any hell but just for a cool fun discussion

• Like 1

1 & 3: While it is true that there are more options for female avatars, I can confirm that IRL dudes tend not to care as fashion as much as an irl lady. For the average Joe, if the shoe fits, they'll wear it.

2: Sexuality can apply to ANYONE, Man or Woman. The age we're in is generally accepting.

4: Momma always taught me it's what's inside a person that counts the most.

If you're still unsure, do what I do and go with Furry avatars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simplebilly said:

Can't really say much about the "getting away with" part, as I have no idea what that could include, but the attention part is a two edged sword. Yes, they might get more attention, but a good part of that extra attention is undesireable.

2. It seems like most of girls if not Bi are Lez :) so it's easier for a girl to find a partner?

No, they aren't. But there are plenty of (heterosexual) men, running around in female avatars and of course they are often looking for another female avatar, instead of male avatars.

You can always wear a dress, if thats what you desire. There is in total volume less male clothing, but most things men usually wear is available.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, simplebilly said:

I'm not sure what you'd 'get away with', break the TOS and you'll be in trouble, regardless of who or what you are. 

9 hours ago, simplebilly said:

No. There being a whole lot more girls in SL, than there are guys, a guy is never short on attention. I think 'a lot' of the 'girls' who are 'Bi or Lez' in SL are in fact guys, in RL. That's not to say there isn't a strong LBTQ presence in SL, and that there are indeed plenty genuine of people who are what they claim to be - but, two guys with girl avatars getting hot and heavy together, both thinking the other is a 'real woman' does occur. I usually advise communicating with people before whipping out the pixel genitalia. 

10 hours ago, simplebilly said:

This is true. But, I fell for that one - I made my photo alt and thought I'd be swimming in cool stuff. But, 'most' stuff you'll find for women doesn't have a very high quality (I'm snobbish though, so that might just be me). Of the truck ton of free stuff I picked up in the first few days of her life, pretty much everything was discarded upon closer review. But you at least 'do' get free stuff - a lot of stores ('most'?) offer free gifts to group members, and many events have gifts from most vendors; and it's rarely any stuff for guys (some unisex accessories on occasion). On the other hand, it probably means that you'll be pumping more money into SL. Before I made my alt, my economy was pretty much always quite strong from just my premium membership - there simply wasn't any much to spend my Lindens on.

10 hours ago, simplebilly said:

4. Take me for example: evenm though i'm Charming, Outgoing and Well Spoken, (oh and very modest!) i'm not very good looking :) So my chances of finding that perfect someone are..meh low :)

... Oh, no, that's like, genuinely humorous. Not at all cheesy and overdone. You'll find someone before you can say 'handkerchief'. 

Whether you wish to be male or female, unicorn or Apache helicopter, is entirely your choice. What anyone else considers a pro may well be a con to you, and wise-versa. My only observation is, that you seem to care a little bit too much about others' opinions - SL is a chance for you to be who you want to be, so why are you asking others what that is? Surely, you know yourself better than any of us do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

No. There being a whole lot more girls in SL, than there are guys, a guy is never short on attention.

This was my experience on IRC more than 20 years ago. I was a regular in a chat room where we discussed whether it was possible to pass as the opposite gender. I immediately created another account and introduced myself as a 65 year old retired bricklayer. That "character" got a lot more attention than Maddy. Granted, I flirted a little harder as the bricklayer and it's a sample size of one, but I wouldn't recommend playing a lesbian to get girls. I recommend playing a retired bricklayer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This was my experience on IRC more than 20 years ago. I was a regular in a chat room where we discussed whether it was possible to pass as the opposite gender. I immediately created another account and introduced myself as a 65 year old retired bricklayer. That "character" got a lot more attention than Maddy. Granted, I flirted a little harder as the bricklayer and it's a sample size of one, but I wouldn't recommend playing a lesbian to get girls. I recommend playing a retired bricklayer.

What if I know nothing about bricks? I might get caught out by a brick inquisitor!

• Like 1