Overtake an existing homestead

Hutelighut DeCuir

Hello. I am renting a homestead from a friend. She got a full region sim and the homestead I rent. My friend is now giving up her full region and also the homestead. The question I'd like to ask is this:  Can I overtake the homestead as an owner if my friend transfers it to me although I am not having a full region? I know you can't purchase a homestead if you don't pre-own a full region, but does that rule also apply to a transfer of an existing homestead?

Thank you kindly in advance for any reply to my question.

Just now, Hutelighut DeCuir said:

Hello. I am renting a homestead from a friend. She got a full region sim and the homestead I rent. My friend is now giving up her full region and also the homestead. The question I'd like to ask is this:  Can I overtake the homestead as an owner if my friend transfers it to me although I am not having a full region? I know you can't purchase a homestead if you don't pre-own a full region, but does that rule also apply to a transfer of an existing homestead?

Thank you kindly in advance for any reply to my question.

No sadly,  you have to own a full region to be able to own a homestead.  Maybe she could sell her full region and homestead to someone who would be happy for you to keep renting the homestead 

• Like 3