When you realise you are an idiot

So I was partnered with this guy. I really liked him. However it was like I had the house he didn't even think to contribute. I bought him the suit, which incidentally he never took off, or changed clothes. We had this disagreement where he tell me I am so negative some of the time. I leave next night he does not come online, I guess that was a punishment,. I IM him saying if you want to dissolve the partnership feel free. So he then tells me he is st stressed that he does not know if he will be logging in for a while due to rl and plus stress with my behaviour so if I want to end it fine he wishes me all the best.  So there you go in the blink of an eye we are done. I actually read his im and said yes I will end this. In all the time I have been on sl have had 4 relationships, one when I was  noob and didnt know better, two for almost 6 years, 3 we were just never here at same time but still best friends (he is lovely) and then this. From now on not doing this lol. If you see me partnered please tell me I am an idiot .

ty to all the lovely people on forums hugs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

So I was partnered with this guy. I really liked him. However it was like I had the house he didn't even think to contribute. I bought him the suit, which incidentally he never took off, or changed clothes. We had this disagreement where he tell me I am so negative some of the time. I leave next night he does not come online, I guess that was a punishment,. I IM him saying if you want to dissolve the partnership feel free. So he then tells me he is st stressed that he does not know if he will be logging in for a while due to rl and plus stress with my behaviour so if I want to end it fine he wishes me all the best.  So there you go in the blink of an eye we are done. I actually read his im and said yes I will end this. In all the time I have been on sl have had 4 relationships, one when I was  noob and didnt know better, two for almost 6 years, 3 we were just never here at same time but still best friends (he is lovely) and then this. From now on not doing this lol. If you see me partnered please tell me I am an idiot .

ok will do ?

5 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

The dude sounds like one of my SL relationships many years ago.  As another said, you are definitely better off without him.  It is not often easy to spot the jerks right away, but we continue on, learning as we go.

Even if you do decide to do the relationship/partnership thing again, take some time for yourself first.

• Like 2

I think the important thing op is that you learn from your mistakes and you don’t make them anymore. 

We all make mistakes when it comes to relationships. I know I did and I made the kind that would be embarrassing to retell here. I was much younger when I made them and I know the red flags to look out for.

Some people like to make it seem like it’s easy to make a love connection in SL. The truth is it’s not easy and it’s extremely rare. There are also predators out there that prey on people just looking to make a connection.

You live and you learn.

• Like 1

On the bright side, it is disappointments like this that make us much more grateful for the good people. 

"Life is all about sweet and sour, dark and bright, happy and sad... you can never appreciate the beauty of something without knowing how ugly other things are." - Ghassan El-labadi

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, janetosilio said:

We all make mistakes when it comes to relationships. I know I did and I made the kind that would be embarrassing to retell here. I was much younger when I made them and I know the red flags to look out for.

Absolutely true.  And while I like to think I know how to spot them now, so many guys are that way in SL that sometimes I am just a better safe than sorry kind of person!

• Like 2