Banning from a sim

Akaddian1Crystal

I have been banned from a sim I was looking around ??? I went to   to see roleplay in action and have a look around, first time didnt have a lot of time , so went back another day . went to go back today and found I had been banned from this region.. I would like someone to tell me why I have been banned from looking around . I had the required zCS meter on  and the ooc tag as well..please . Akaddian1Crystal.

Edited by Akaddian1Crystal

4 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

I have been banned from a sim I was looking around ??? I went to Skerry of Einar, to see roleplay in action and have a look around, first time didnt have a lot of time , so went back another day . went to go back today and found I had been banned from this region.. I would like someone to tell me why I have been banned from looking around . I had the required zCS meter on  and the ooc tag as well..please . Akaddian1Crystal.

A land owner can ban you for many reasons;  your SL age, your script count, you have brown eyes...   You need to ask the sim owner or manager why.  we can't help here on the forums, we are just residents like you. 

• Like 3

Hi Cindy ,Yes I can appreciate this, but I am well within age, and I didnt talk to anyone because of IC. roleplay ,and I just walked around to see the how`s and why`s of Roleplay. I am very dissapointed that someone could ban  an ordinary person just learning about roleplay ,and I think this should be looked into more closely with the people that are in this sim, I joined the group and I got a zcs meter , and an OOC Tag ...what else can anyone do ...I think the players in some of these sims take the law into their own hands and think they are more important than others in this game . and this def needs to be changed .many thanks for your dialogue ...Crystal

Edited by Akaddian1Crystal
To suit people that dont want to know who the group is ...

6 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

Hi Cindy ,Yes I can appreciate this, but I am well within age, and I didnt talk to anyone because of IC. roleplay ,and I just walked around to see the how`s and why`s of Roleplay. I am very dissapointed that someone could ban  an ordinary person just learning about roleplay ,and I think this should be looked into more closely with the people that are in this sim, I joined the Rochambeau group and I got a zcs meter , and an OOC Tag ...what else can anyone do ...I think the players in some of these sims take the law into their own hands and think they are more important than others in this game . and this def needs to be changed .many thanks for your dialogue ...Crystal

I understand what you are saying but a sim owner can ban you for any reason they want.  They pay for the land.  If they have given a manager rights to moderate the sim and you think the ban was unwarranted, the sim owner is again the person you need to speak to.  They can make their own rules.   Also it should be mentioned it is against forum guidelines to come here naming a sim or person you have a dispute with.  So I would remove all traces of the references to the particular location in your posts. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

Hi Cindy ,Yes I can appreciate this, but I am well within age, and I didnt talk to anyone because of IC. roleplay ,and I just walked around to see the how`s and why`s of Roleplay. I am very dissapointed that someone could ban  an ordinary person just learning about roleplay ,and I think this should be looked into more closely with the people that are in this sim, I joined the [redacted] group and I got a zcs meter , and an OOC Tag ...what else can anyone do ...I think the players in some of these sims take the law into their own hands and think they are more important than others in this game . and this def needs to be changed .many thanks for your dialogue ...Crystal

First off - Unfortunately, all we can do is sympathize and/or offer advice.  We, as residents, have no power over anyone.

Second - As Cindy said, whether or not you think they had a valid reason is totally irrelevant.  A sim owner can ban you because he doesn't like you name or your look or maybe you are a redhead and he/she hates redheads or for no reason at all.  Heck, maybe they just decided to do some random bans.  It makes no difference - it is their right as the sim/parcel owner.  Notice the part I bolded -- that is basically how it is.  They are the lawmakers of their own land.  LL will not get involved because they did no wrong.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Others have mentioned that the region owner can ban you for any reason, but - on searching for that particular region - I note that it's listed as a Medieval-era roleplay location. Usually, places like this will often have a free outfit or two at the landing area, so that visitors don't wander around wearing anachronistic clothing. It's possible that - if you were walking around wearing modern clothing - and especially if you were standing or moving close to any groups where roleplay was actually taking place (therefore placing your modern-looking self into the scene, even if you weren't actively participating) then someone might have complained to the region owner or admin that you were 'breaking their immersion'.

If that is the case, then in short: when visiting a themed region, even as a visitor, it's always best practice to - if at all possible - keep your own look within the general theme of the location, out of courtesy to those roleplaying there.

• Like 5

Hi Akkadian - next time this happens, one thing you can try is to politely reach out to the owner of the region, whom you can find from the group.

If you do this, don't question/complain the ban because that's just annoying to a region owner, instead say that you wanted to be an active roleplayer, ask what you can do better to fit into their region. The friendlier and nicer you are, the better your chance.

Regions, especially RP ones, are sometimes best thought of as high-school cliques. People can take an instant dislike to you with no reason apart from something superficial, even your butt size. There is no why or what to it.

But the absolute worse thing you can do is complain. Especially on the forums. All it will take is the region owner, or one of his guests to comment on this thread and you might get a permaban. You might be able to resurrect your chances if you remove the region name from your posts.

• Like 1

Ohhh Sorry , I might have guessed it would all turn out to be  my fault for telling people about this happening , And yes I might have guessed  the sim owner would not be chastised in anyway for opening a sim for a purpose and then acting like the king/queen of that realm..fair enough why not  have a community only to talk about the good things  in Sl ...??Obviously , and sorry if I offended anyone with my reporting something that would offend the sim ownerheaven forbid ...

• Haha 1

And Callum Merriman you certainly have an atitude too , I am a thoroughly nice person , but it seems when you do complain about anything and try to show other people certain things ,it is poo pooed by certain individuals ...like yourself ,,, I have never been a yes woman and I try to keep within the guide lines of places ...and try to do everything that is right ...but just shows people how someone can say something and be completely misconstrued by lots of people ..

• Haha 1

Beginning and end of story: You went to an RP sim, observed and for whatever reason were banned. Being more than a bit miffed, you came to the official forum and opened this thread.

The following numbered list presents the proper responses as well as observations/facts at present:

1. Their sim, their rules.
  2. They can ban you for any reason or for no reason - they pay for the sim, not you.
  3. We have (thus far) only the information you have presented and thus only your side of the story. You are - for now - free to present yourself in any way you wish to, concerning your ban.
  4. Your attitude in recent posts shows your actual intent and shows you have likely omitted information.
  5. This forum and its users do not exist to validate your feelings nor your opinion/viewpoint.

Your thread is not the first of its type that has been opened here nor will it be the last. Welcome to online fora interaction - grab some leather armor or a flak jacket as with that thin skin, you're going to need it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

And yes I might have guessed  the sim owner would not be chastised in anyway for opening a sim for a purpose and then acting like the king/queen of that realm

In fact, people should be grateful to the Kings and Queens that do all the work on top of being willing to sink in more then US$295 a month for other people's fun.

• Like 2

Your responses state otherwise concerning having a thick skin and we only have your word to go on concerning information presented. Other users have already explained to you that no one here can tell you why you were banned from the region - only the owner of the region or whomever actually banned you can do so - that is all there is to it.

Seek clarification concerning your ban directly from the region owner or those in charge there with the power to enact a ban. You should have done this first and instead chose to come here and make a thread. That implies intent.

Once again: We've seen quite a bit when it comes to people questioning a ban. Many simply come here to complain, seeking sympathy and omitting facts. It truly doesn't matter how many times you state an intent otherwise either - until the other side comes by, if they ever do, and presents their side of the story .... Users will scrutinize your take.

Get used to it. Deal with it.

Yes I think I can manage to get your drift ...I am dealing with it Solar Legion ...I didnt know that the people here were just ordinary like me , I thought they were experts in dealing with roleplay and all it pertains to .I wasnt questioning the ban , I just wanted to find out what I had possibly done wrong .If other people had  had this happen to them, etc and I have had lots of valid answers on what to do . so I am all good with this now . Thanks to all the positive people  and their good sense ..