HEADS UP SANSAR CREATORS - Giant changes in exchange rate

So happily I caught this announcement while perusing the Discord channel. 

A must read for any creators with money in their accounts or that sell things on the Marketplace. Since I have over 400 items on there it is going to take a fair amount of work to reprice things. Hopefully everyone still active there will know about this. Please spread the word.

https://help.sansar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001408783

EDIT:  You cannot (unless you are really lucky) sell your dollars on a Market sell as there are no buyers apparently :D. So if you have a bunch of money over there you will want to at least trade it in during the "legacy" pricing and get a less than what you expected but more than at the 250 rate. So mark your calendars.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Isn't the bigger news that LL is putting Sansar on Steam and praying it will get them triple digit plus concurrency ratings?

Apparently not so much :D since we know how well STEAM did for Second Life :D.   

Only one person in the conversation seemed optimistic.  

Would be good if it happened. Apparently at least one platform (game or whatever) found joining STEAM hurt rather than helped.  We still can't make furniture with sits, change skins or shapes -- lots of things folks want. "I" feel it is too early. Others in Sansar from the beginning are worried also.  See conversation on the DISCORD group if you are interested. 

We will know as the year turns I guess.   But an influx of folks expecting things to "work" when they don't so much could very well be problematic. 

For example I crashed about eight times today and was saving every step along the way so not to lose work yet again.   Some days it is very much an uphill battle. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does VR work well on Steam?

Steam is a delivery platform first... nothing more than Amazon with some add ons. It will now reach dozens of folks. Looks more like a "last ditch" attempt to save a failed overhyped project. ( @Linden Lab if your PR department didn't consider the possibility it will be percieved that way - you need some new PR department ASAP! ... and yes I know most likely only folks from the PR department will read this ;) )

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Steam is a delivery platform first... nothing more than Amazon with some add ons. It will now reach dozens of folks. Looks more like a "last ditch" attempt to save a failed overhyped project. ( @Linden Lab if you PR department didn't consider the possibility it will be percieved that way - you need some new PR department ASAP! ... and yes I know most likely only folks from the PR department will read this ;) )

I dun get it. So people will just download Sansar via Steam? 

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I wish they had gotten the work completed on the avatar before connecting to steam. I'm not optimistic. :( 

Nah it is good - maybe Sansar is the pet peeve of someone high up the board of directors. By escalating it quickly (too fast push onto market - mass exposion - giant bad media backlash on bad product) Ebbe can force it off the shelves getting company focus back on SL. Looks like Ebbe is better a chess player than we thought of him :D

Edited by Fionalein

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Nah it is good - maybe Sansar is the pet peeve of someone high up the board of directors. By escalating it quickly (too fast push onto market - mass exposion - giant bad media backlash on bad product) Ebbe can force it of the shelves getting company focus back on SL. Looks like Ebbe is better a chess player than we thought of him :D

Refactoring the economy is an interesting move. Consider how carefully the economy is balanced in SL.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does VR work well on Steam?

I need steamVR to use my VR set. Does not mean i love steam ?
How can you support sansar if the do move after move strange
things and choices. Ok it's linden lab. not strange behavior.

But if the really go to steam only. Nope then i cal, it the biggest
fail the made sofar and the mae already lot's of mistakes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I fully support the Sansar project. I want it to be highly successful unlike many who post here hoping it will fail.

I don't want it to fail - I want it to be done proper. But we are at a stage where one way of doing it proper is killing it and restarting from zero.

Edited by Fionalein

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I dun get it. So people will just download Sansar via Steam?

Steam is basically the Gamerz version of Amazon, the e-store that puts your local computer games shop out of business...

Idea is simple in essence, you buy a game on steam, you can then download the game onto ANY PC anywhere in the world, as many PC's as you like, but you can only play it if logged in via steam with the steam  account you used to buy that game.

Last time LL tried "steaming" a product, SL, Steam had about 40 million users.

That 40 million users thing attracts companies to steam based launches, but...

Steamers are very very picky, give them a "game" that quite simply does not work, and they will cripple its future with bad reviews

Project Stupid, on Steam, now?

Kiss of Death...

Within a month or two, the pile of "load of crap, do not  download" reviews will be so high and wide and deep, that Project Stupid will be doomed forever, regarded as an un-fixable failure by people who've never even seen a screen shot, let alone tried it.