Error message in Jass while baking sculpties

Hello,

If i try to bake a sculptie in Jass-pro i receive an error message "No root prim selected, nothing to do" I get this message only if i try to bake a sculptie of an object i made with another program and then imported as *.obj. If i create the object in Jass itself i have no problems.

Am i forgetting something ?

Thanks

Jasmin, sounds to me as if you imported an object file which is not a sculpt mesh as far as JASS is concerned and as such there's nothing that the Primstar plug-in can bake.

You may be able to 'Sculptify' it if it's reasonably simple, but otherwise you'll need to either start again using one of the premade JASS sculpt meshes in Blender or learn the long hand unwrap process from before the Primstar plug-in was developed.

Halfway house solution would be to start a new sculpt mesh and shape it over the object mesh, either using Shrinkwrap modifier or vertex by vertex using snap.

I've never used JASS, but I suspect Carbon is right.  If the objects you're importing are not sculpty-compatible geometry, it's not going to work.  Assuming that's the case, then you've got two choices for how to proceed.  Either rebuild them to exist within sculpty limitations, or leave them as is, and upload them to SL as mesh models instead of sculpties.