[SSI] Mephisto - 2.1 - What is this?

Haim618

Haim618 wrote:

I was ejected from a sandbox and then teleported to my home location.

"You have been teleported home by the object '[sSI] Mephisto - 2.1"

Is anybody familiar with this product? If so, what is it and why was I ejected?

it sounds like a weapon or gadget of some kind..

either you were in a sandbox that allows battle..or you were hit by someone griefing people or it could have been someone very new that doesn't know what they are doing and just clicking the buttons to see what this things does..

there used to be a place that showed us who was doing these things.. i just now looked and it's not in the viewer or it has been moved somewhere..

it used to be in the help menu at the top of the screen of the viewer..under bumps..but i see they took that thing out of there..

a good question is why would LL take something like that out of their viewer? wtf?

are you premium? if so you can use the private sandboxes..they are very peacful..

as far as that other thing..i haven't heard of it..

maybe there was a delay in the tp ..does your screen show the load screen when you are getting tp'd? or is that turned off?

i would say it was probably lag and that caused a delay  unless you don't show the load screen..then it was just a long loading tp connection..

You can only have been ejected and teleported home by an object that belongs to the landowner (or the group that owns the land) so this can't have happened in an LL sandbox.    It must have been a private one (and, while I'm not sure, I suspect it must have ejected you to an adjacent parcel owned by the same person or group that owned the sandbox and the ejector for llTeleportAgentHome to work).   So I doubt it can have been a griefer that did this to you -- it must have been the landowner.

llEjectFromLand and llTeleportAgentHome are two separate functions, both of which can fail under certain circumstances so you would sometimes want to use both.   I wouldn't normally make an ejector that ejects and then teleports home (I'd teleport people home first, then eject them if that failed), but clearly someone has done.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

You can only have been ejected and teleported home by an object that belongs to the landowner (or the group that owns the land) so this can't have happened in an LL sandbox.    It must have been a private one (and, while I'm not sure, I suspect it must have ejected you to an adjacent parcel owned by the same person or group that owned the sandbox and the ejector for llTeleportAgentHome to work).   So I doubt it can have been a griefer that did this to you -- it must have been the landowner.

llEjectFromLand and llTeleportAgentHome are two separate functions, both of which can fail under certain circumstances so you would sometimes want to use both.   I wouldn't normally make an ejector that ejects and then teleports home (I'd teleport people home first, then eject them if that failed), but clearly someone has done.

i've been in battle sims when i was early in SL and been hit with something that killed me and sent me home..

isn't that how combat sims work?if you die you go home..it used to be called the SL death..you never really die you just get sent home lol

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Yeah, but that's if you're on damage-enabled land and you suffer >=100% damage.    That teleports you home directly, without ejecting you first, and explicitly tells you that you've been tp-d home because you were "killed".    On the OP's account, that's not what happened.

ahh ya thats true..i remember that now lol

it's been awhile since i was killed LOL

Jonathan VonLenard wrote:

I really hate when people don't want you to fly over or be on their land.  There are so many ways to restrict people why block whole chunks of land, it really is annoying when flying around.  

Are you referring to ban lines that restrict all but group members?  Yes, that can be annoying but it is the individual's right to provide access to land they rent or own. 

i'm curious because i have really never tested it..but does fly only work as high as the banlines as well?

or do the rest of the settings work as high as we can go?

i have fly off because i thought people couldn't fly up to my place..but if it doesn't work way up there then i may aswelll turn it back on for people flying under me lol

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i'm curious because i have really never tested it..but does fly only work as high as the banlines as well?

or do the rest of the settings work as high as we can go?

i have fly off because i thought people couldn't fly up to my place..but if it doesn't work way up there then i may aswelll turn it back on for people flying under me lol 

Well, no-fly doesn't really work at all, but I think that to the extent it does anything, it applies all the way up.

I mean, you pretty much have to be actively complicit in accepting a no-fly restriction, there are so many ways around it. I'm really not sure it's more meaningful than just asking people not to press the Home or PageUp keys.  It is so completely toothless that turning it on or off really doesn't make much difference, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

(On the other hand, it doesn't lead to degraded grid performance the way no-script restrictions do, causing a costly work-around in almost every attached script.)